cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Background not working

tariqul2h2
Listener

Previously virtual background works well in my HP i7 11th Gen Laptop, but after giving the new update it's not working. Blur freezes my video and the virtual background black the screen.

8 REPLIES 8

alexisbrown
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @tariqul2h2 ,

Thank you for visiting the Zoom Community to seek support! I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty with utilizing virtual backgrounds. Please first double check that your system meets all requirements, as outlined in this article: Zoom Virtual Background system requirements . If you believe your system meets all requirements and the feature is still not working, please let me know, and we can work to further troubleshoot.

Thank you!

Alexis

Alexis
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

My system meets the requirements, it was working before the last update, now, even after installing virtual background app, nothing shows up.  When I select a virtual background, I receive an error message saying: Please Enable Virtual Backgrounds.  I have SEARCHED EVERYWHERE for how to do this, but this setting doesn't exist, or even when enabled, it's not working.

I am on MacBook Pro, Ventura 13.4.1 . My virtual backgrounds used to work, but suddenly, the "background" images infiltrates me... the main image. Blur still works, but not any of my, or your, virtual backgrounds. Help.

I am also on a MacBook Pro. My newly installed background featuring the cover of my book presents in reverse, but I was getting compliments on it so I assumed it presented correctly to viewers. Recently on a call someone complained it was backward and referred me to the "mirror" feature. The picture was reversed for ME, but all others on my zoom still see in reverse. I've tried signing out and back on and nothing works. What to do?

if it worked before, clearly the hardware meets the requirements... 

StuartD3
Listener

I actually have the same problem after the most recent update. Now as soon as I blur the background or apply a virtual one the video freezes. If I undo it then my video if fine. My computer easily meets the requirements so I do not know what the problem is. I tried playing with settings but nothing has fixed it. Is there a way to undo the most recent update so that it can work again as it has for the last 2 years that I have been using zoom?

jochen8
Listener

I have the same problem. It used to work fine before actually, but not even more... 

I have enabled the virtual background in my account setup. When I go to preferences (am using Macbook, all updated and latest version of Zoom) and want to enable the virtual background, nothing happens, when I tick the 'green screen' icon (I have one) nothing happens, and when I upload an image to be used as virtual background and click it, nothing happens and it will just automatically disappear again! You can watch this brief Loom video to see the exact issue. 

https://www.loom.com/share/df3b76e1c10b4066bc258e7f93f12a9c

So far not even Zoom Support was able to help! Did anyone manage to solve this problem? Would appreciate your help, thank you.

jochen8
Listener

if you are using Mac, delete the /zoom folder from the libarary/applicationsupport folder, log into the zoom website and  let it rebuild it.That worked for me (windows i don't know) and it is fine now