cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video not connecting

SueC1
Listener

I am having an issue with my laptop using zoom or teams, both of which I have used with no issue for some time. Yesterday I was unable to join a teams meeting via my laptop then later in the day when I needed to use zoom, the camera would not work, I have checked all the settings the camera light comes on but only shows a camera icon with a line through it where the video should be, I searched on line and checked my browser settings cookies and permissions and I cannot see anything stopping it. As I say the camera light comes on and when I look at the apps and camera settings it confirms the camera is in use? Any ideas I need to be able to use both for my work. 

3 REPLIES 3

sherskowitz
Listener

I also cant get video with zoom and my lenovo laptop    any help welcomed?

jameshail
Listener

I consistently have issues on my new Dell laptop with my camera. I am not sure it is only a Zoom problem because even the camera app cannot connect to the camera at times. I open a Zoom meeting and the camera works fine for a few minutes then it goes black. I have tried every update and suggestion I could find. The problem is consistent and very disruptive. I am not sure if the issue is Zoom, Windows 11, or Dell. It does appear to be somewhat driver related. Restarting sometimes provides a temporary fix, but not always.

SueC1
Listener

I was able to resolve my issue with a driver update vis device manager (after many hours & much distress!!) good luck folks I genuinely feel ur pain!! 🙄