cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Filters

GJB
Listener

My video filters suddenly disappeared.  I am running Zoom 5.8 and I have had no problem before.  I checked my account and Video Filters is selected.  I reset but still no sign of them in video settings when I enter a meeting.  What's up?

28 REPLIES 28

RajanB
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi GJB

Is this for the meetings you hosted or someone else hosted? If someone else hosted the meeting & they have disabled video filter, you won't have the option to select the video filters.

Same problem, even when hosting. No filters are available

It's for all meetings rehgardless of who's hosting.  When I go to select Video Folters there are none to select from even though previously there were.

Jane3377
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi RjanB, I am having the same problem. It's for my own meeting that I host and I checked already to see that video filters are enabled. I even downloaded the Video Studio Effects package but still have nothing under "Video Filters" when I click on it.

Please help!!!  Thanks.

Thxful22
Listener

I'm having the exact same issue! My custom filters have been uploaded to Zoom but they do not appear to select in Video Filter during a mtg.  It is enable in settings.  This all functioned fine up until about a week ago then it stopped working. Please Help! Thank you!

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi! I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling your Zoom app to see if that resolves the issue 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

ProfJ
Listener

My video filters disappeared only AFTER my update. How can I force them to show? I am running the latest Zoom version on a Mac (5.12.9) with the latest OS (Ventura 13.1)

darinrutledge
Listener

I am no longer able to upload customer video filters any longer, and lost my existing filters after updating as well. Currently using 5.13.6 on Mac. Checked "master" account and my account (both licensed) but the ability to upload video filters is no longer there. 

cu
Listener

Lost access to filters after Zoom reinstall. They existed before now all gone. Same as other folks have described. What's up, Zoom???

synnt
Listener

The same issue here. I am using zoom in Windows. I can still change the "virtual background", but the "video filter" tab said that the filter is disabled, and go to the Settings for Meeting to enable it. But, I couldn't find any "filter" at the Settings->Meeting (Advanced) at the my account website.

db11
Listener

What is the solution to this?  I am having the same problem!

darinrutledge
Listener

Wish I could tell you ... works fine now. 

JaneVelten
Listener

Same issue as above. 

Support material says go to "Background & Filters" but mine says "Background & Effects" and no sign of "Filters." Any advice?

mrsguad
Listener

March 1, 2023 and my filters option is gone as well. I only see "background and effects". Bring it back, please!

Krystyn
Listener

Same issue here. March 2023. I got logged out from my zoom application recently, and when I signed back in, Filters were just gone. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled again, tried installing previous versions, cleared out my registry (after uninstalling), nothing works. 

Was you able to resolve the issue?

No. Filters do not appear on the latest version of Zoom, as of 03-17-23 on iMac. Very frustrating, especially with different white balance and lighting issues.

bethchicago
Listener

Is there a solution to the video filter issue??

Hi @bethchicago I understand that you are not able to access or use video filters in your Zoom Meetings.  Unfortunately, not all Zoom features are available in all regions.  I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.  As always, we appreciate your use of Zoom.

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello Virgina, I'm having the same problem. Is it due to local restrictions? Otherwise I find "not available in all regions" to be a weird response when 1) it was available for years and 2) Chicago (where I'm guess bethchicago is) has a high concentration of users. Where can we find out more about when filters will be (re)phased back in for all users/subscribers? And also about the decision to add countless bells and whistles that, frankly, just get in the way and will go untouched, whilst taking something well-utilized away?

So The video filter, is not available in Chicago region?  Can you please send a list of what regions it is available in? 

Drutledgekfalls
Listener

With all due respect to Zoom Moderator, the suggestion that reinstalling Zoom will make a difference is lazy, and frankly, a garbage solution. Even less useful is the suggestion that some users can't see the options because of their region. If you took just a few extra seconds to read the common issue, the features WERE available and then all of a sudden became UNAVAILABLE and in at least one case (mine) are now again AVAILABLE without any intervening steps on my part. This is a Zoom software issue - either a bug or a built-in back end demand management function.

Thank you those were exactly my thoughts too. 

Krystyn
Listener

Same. I’m also in the Chicago area, and it makes no sense that I lost filter capability when I had it before and nothing changed. 

sasTX
Listener

If the feature is not available in certain areas, which might explain why I can't see it but my remote co-workers can, how about you give us a list of which features are not available in what areas so that I can adjust my future efforts where it won't be a complete waste of time.

Amen, amen, amen.  After days of ridiculous suggestions and answers from Customer Support back in Feb or March, I finally got the "this feature is not available in your area" response and a shutdown after that.  But I am in CHICAGO. What? My colleagues in Portland, Boston, DC, California (separate accounts) all have had no problem with the video filters feature, and here in Chicago we haven't had it for months? I still don't really believe that answer, but Zoom plainly has no interest in solving this one.

Smh at Zoom response. 

diligentzoomer
Listener

Ridiculous. . Filters do not appear on the latest version of Zoom, as of 03-17-23 on iMac. Very frustrating, especially with different white balance and lighting issues. VERY unprofessional to remove features that meetings RELY on and choose Zoom (over others) to present their business.