cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using multiple cameras on one host computer

Dr_Bob
Listener

It seems  Zoom allows one (1) camera per user/profile.  If one would like to use multiple wired cameras (2 or more) on one Zoom host computer will the Zoom  system allow it. 

What I'm asking running a Blended meeting  without using multiple computers or cell phones signed in as users/profiles so they can be used as cameras?  

Currently I run a Blended Zoom meeting with multiple views but with no zooming capabilities.

The audio is no problem, I use multiple microphones and speakers though a sound board.

3 REPLIES 3

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Dr_Bob ,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! This can be done using the Advanced Screen Sharing capabilities of Zoom.  There are some great YouTube videos of this on the Zoom YouTube page. https://www.youtube.com/user/ZoomMeetings

If you launch a meeting and then go to the share button -> Advanced, you will see the content from a 2nd Camera button there. Screenshot below. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 5.06.15 PM.png

 I hope this is helpful for you, and I hope this message finds you having a safe and wonderful holiday!

B!

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I have a follow up question.  

Let's say I'm using 2 laptops and one using 2 cameras, and 1 computer with the third camera.  Both laptops are connected to the same host account.  One computer is presenting and broadcasting with video image of the presenter as panelist or co-host.  The other computer has the other 2 cameras connected to it.

1.  Can I, as host administrating the webinar and the 2 camera, switch to a different camera during the presentation?

2.  With all three camera being recognized by zoom, will all three images be recorded separately?

Thanks for your feedback.

PeterD

YaBoiB

Hello @Italiangen2022

You can use two cameras by launching a Zoom meeting -> going to share screen -> advanced share -> content from 2nd camera, and you can connect this with a USB connected camera or an  HD Capture card. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 4.55.40 PM.png

Once you decide to add the third camera, that is where it would get tricky, and you would need to use a software called OBS or another production quality software on the market. OBS is the most popular that I am aware of, but if you go to Zoom's YouTube page, https://www.youtube.com/user/ZoomMeetings, and search for three cameras in a Zoom Webinar, I have seen many instructional videos that will assist you in accomplishing this function. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?