cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users are getting asked for a code while using an embedded password link

MarciT
Listener

I have a few clients that are getting asked to enter a code when we've provided an embedded password link - has anyone had this issue - and what was the issue/solution?

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @MarciT.

This most often happens when the link that has been sent has been modified in some way (usually inadvertently).  Sometimes I see that the link spans 2 lines in one document, and only the top line is copied/pasted and sent to the attendees.  Sometimes just the introduction of a space or an accidental typo somewhere can mess up the encoded Passcode.

My personal "best practice" is to always send the Meeting ID and Passcode from the invitation on separate lines along with the Join link.

I've never seen a confirmed instance where the complete Join URL was sent intact and the meeting failed to be joined -- except in one instance where someone changed the Passcode after the link was sent out.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

zoomer_tom
Attendee

Any chance the meeting passcode was changed after the meeting link with embedded passcode was sent?

annelp
Listener

Our team is having the same problem.  The links are sent out in automated email and text reminders.  There is no copy and paste on our end and we can see what was sent, so we know the entire link is being sent.  The same reminders are going out to the whole group and only a few individuals are being asked for a password.