cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to record multiple shared screens - defaults to capturing 1st screenshare desite viewing 2nd

vicfortran
Listener

So I hosted a meeting where we needed to share two screens, one with an English version of a presentation and another with a Spanish version of a presentation. We also used interpretation during this meeting. We don't need to show each version of the presentation and screen share them side-by-side. Participants can toggle whichever screen share / version of the slide they want to see. 

The challenge is that I wanted to capture two recordings:

1) One recording of the first screen share of the Spanish version of the presentation with the Spanish audio interpretation channel

2) Another recording of the second screen share of the English version of the presentation with the main English audio channel.

We had multiple people record locally.

The problem I've run into—and as was the case for multiple people in my meeting who tried to record locally—is that even if I had selected the second screen, it would default to recording the first screen that was shared. So what we ended up getting were these two recordings:

1) One recording of the first screen share of the Spanish version of the presentation with the Spanish audio interpretation channel.

2) Another recording of the first screen share of the Spanish version of the presentation with the main English audio channel (despite choosing to view the second screen share of the English version of the presentation).

TLDR

Wanted recording of 1) Spanish presentation slides (screen shared first) with Spanish Audio and 2) English presentation slides (simultaneously shared second) with English Audio. First video captured fine. Issue: For second video, Zoom defaulted to recording Spanish presentation slides (shared first) with English Audio despite toggling to view the English presentation slide (second screenshare). 

Can someone help fix this or confirm this is just a default action (and bug/issue) that Zoom has?

1 REPLY 1

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

I don’t believe that you’ll be able to accomplish this in Zoom, but rather with a screen capture recording solution. 

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen