cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to launch in Browser

Merlin23
Listener

It doesn't matter whether I'm sent a link to attend a meeting or launching from my own account.
In Chrome I get a popup that asked permission to open the link, however the link only says "Open URL: zoommtg.
In Firefox, I get a popup "Allow this site to open Zoommeeting link with zoommtg. When I click Open link, I get another popup telling me that the file doesn't have an app associate with it. Screenshots attached.

I used to be able to click the link and launch Zoom.
Now I have to launch my desktop Zoom app,  go back to the invite, look up the meeting ID, go back to the app, enter the ID and password. HUGE waste of time. What has changed and what do I need to change back to be able to launch and attend Zoom meetings with relative ease?

4 REPLIES 4

Merlin23
Listener

Any solution?

bafe1109
Listener

I am having the same issue right now

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Community for assistance. 

If you are currently on a Windows device, please follow these steps to completely uninstall Zoom and reinstall. 

• Remove Zoom from the Control Panel
  1. In the Windows search bar, search for Control Panel.
  2. Click the Control Panel app.
  3. If Control Panel is set to Category view, click Uninstall a Program. Alternatively, if View by is set to Large or Small icons, click Programs and Features.
  4. Select Zoom in the programs list, then click Uninstall.
  5. If prompted Are you sure you want to uninstall Zoom?, click Yes
  • Run CleanZoom to remove Zoom completely

To remove Zoom completely, including any configuration files, run CleanZoom on your device.

1. Download and run CleanZoom.
    Note: Use of the clean uninstaller will completely remove the Zoom desktop client, as well as the Zoom plugin for Outlook. The Outlook add-in, Chrome/Firefox extensions, and Google Workspace add-on are unaffected.
  2. Once completed, download Zoom from our download center and reinstall

Let me know if uninstalling, rebooting your device, and then reinstalling Zoom app does the trick!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Le100
Listener

Did this solve the issue for people? I am also having a similar issue w/Zoom. Thanks