cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Zoom - Mac

Chickenlips
Listener

On download Zoom asked for permission to access my downloads folder. I initially denied permission and now when I download the zoom installer it errors out and says it cannot be installed... I have restarted my Mac and yes I have the App Store and other developers ticked. Please help...

7 REPLIES 7

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Chickenlips you can look into this KB from Apple on Control access to files and folders on Mac and allow Zoom. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hello, I am also having the same problem as @Chickenlips. When I go into my settings to allow Zoom, Zoom isn't even an option. I have already downloaded it and can see it in my apps but I cannot access it. 

ziinda
Listener

Hey! Same thing happened to me!

Go to Privacy & security> tap on Files and Folders > tap on Installer > turn on the toggle for Downloads Folder

Hopefully this helps!

I don't have this option? I click on files and folders and INSTALLER is not an option? It's not listed! Help

janvin624
Listener

Thanks so much for the tip! It worked!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Chickenlips you have some responses here that may be a potenital solution! If so, don't forget to click the 'accept as solution' button. 

If you're still having issues, I would love to further help and troubleshoot. Thanks! 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Jameswalter
Participant

If you can’t use Zoom on your Mac because you’re running an outdated app version, use the Zoom Web client or mobile app. Check if you can join your meeting. You can try to update your desktop app after the meeting is over.

Also, make sure you’re running the latest macOS version on your computer. A number of users said that updating their OS version fixed their Zoom installation errors. Click on your Apple Menu, go to System Preferences, and click on System Update to check for updates.

Regards,
John