cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Zoom Client for Mac

Vv
Listener

Hello everyone, I tried to install Zoom on a MacBook Pro but when I install it, it shows a fail message, it says the installation program failed and I don't have any error code or something like that and I really need Zoom on my Mac, does anyone have a solution please ? Indeed, I double click on the package, it opens the installer, then I click on Continue, then on Install, it asks for password or to use Touch ID, then I put my finger on the button, it configurates the installation and then it says that installation has failed, so what should I do ?

Thanks everybody!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi vv,

please try:

LC8 provided a solution which worked.

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Mac-Ventura-13-0/m-p/82960/highlight/true#M45119

LC8 found a fix. LC8 went into settings and gave permission for installer to access LC8 downloads folder. The installation worked straight away after that.

LC8 went into settings, Privacy and Security, Files and Folders, then clicked on an arrow to the left of installer, which brings up the option to allow access to the downloads folder. This needs to be toggled on.

please give this a try and let us know your results.

thanks,  eliot

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Eliot

hi vv,

please try:

LC8 provided a solution which worked.

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Mac-Ventura-13-0/m-p/82960/highlight/true#M45119

LC8 found a fix. LC8 went into settings and gave permission for installer to access LC8 downloads folder. The installation worked straight away after that.

LC8 went into settings, Privacy and Security, Files and Folders, then clicked on an arrow to the left of installer, which brings up the option to allow access to the downloads folder. This needs to be toggled on.

please give this a try and let us know your results.

thanks,  eliot

Hi Eliot,

Thanks a lot for your help, i tried what you said and yes it works! Thanks a lot! I'm not an Apple user, I just use it for my studies but the majority of my time I use my other computer under Windows, so it's not really easy for me to find a solution by myself like in this case but I learn and try to resolve it and now I understood something more for the next time, so thank you again!

Vv

Hey Eliot,

LC8's solution worked. A lifesaver!

Thank you very much.

Best,

Maikle

OMG THANK YOU!!!  something finally worked!

hello!! i don t find anything in that folder, no installer ...anything

I've found the option at this icon instead of Files and Folders

Captura de Tela 2023-05-02 às 20.18.33.png

DaaViD
Listener

@Vv wrote:

Hello everyone, I tried to install Zoom on a MacBook Pro but when I install it, it shows a fail message, it says the installation program failed and I don't have any error code or something like that and I really need Zoom on my Mac, I conduct a brief search on web pages for advice on these issues or difficulties.
does anyone have a solution please ? Indeed, I double click on the package, it opens the installer, then I click on Continue, then on Install, it asks for password or to use Touch ID, then I put my finger on the button, it configurates the installation and then it says that installation has failed, so what should I do ?

Thanks everybody!

@Vv 

Thank you so much for your assistance! I followed your instructions exactly, and I'm thrilled to say that it worked! I greatly appreciate your help.

Although I'm not accustomed to using Apple devices and primarily rely on my Windows computer for most tasks, I am grateful for your guidance in this particular situation.

It can be challenging for me to find solutions on my own, but I'm determined to learn and troubleshoot. This experience has provided me with valuable knowledge for future reference. Once again, thank you for your support!