cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to establish secure connection with Zoom

Gagan
Listener

Hi Team,

One of my user in office facing issue while joining Zoom meeting "Unable to establish secure connection with Zoom"

Screen shot is attached. Any idea what we can do in this case. Have already tried reinstalling ZOOM app and User had tried different internet service provider for connecting Zoom meetings

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Gagan
Listener

Hi All,

I am able to fix this by login to Zoom online portal. 

Under profile setting look for  Calendar and Contacts Integration. Deleted the exiting integration setting and configured as per my company stand again by choosing O365 option. 

View solution in original post

georgieg
Listener

*I was able to fix this issue - through contacting them by email. It worked on my Mac. Hope this helps someone.

*Open the Zoom desktop application.

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46

sfoerster
Listener

I just started seeing this error today. The Zoom error (unable to establish secure connection to zoom) is referencing a certificate generated by our development system for a nonexistent domain for use internally and is completely unrelated to Zoom.

The error banner keeps popping up and there's no apparent way to suppress it.

I had the same problem.  I resolved the issue by going to "Add/Remove Programs" searching for Zoom, and clicking uninstall.  After that the message boxes stopped popping up and I could get on with my work.

I just started seeing this error today. The Zoom error (unable to establish secure connection to zoom) is referencing a certificate generated by our development system for a nonexistent domain for use internally and is completely unrelated to Zoom.

The error banner keeps popping up and there's no apparent way to suppress it.

Facing same issue

sfoerster
Listener

The Zoom error banner seems to only display when docker containers are running hosting services on HTTPS tcp/443 serving that certificate on localhost.

I'm having the same issue

Gagan
Listener

Hi All,

I am able to fix this by login to Zoom online portal. 

Under profile setting look for  Calendar and Contacts Integration. Deleted the exiting integration setting and configured as per my company stand again by choosing O365 option. 

txrick_0-1646196183756.png

this is what I get HELP

I have same issue with our company users.

i got the same message my trick was to go to ur laptop settings>Date and time>Automatically set time click that on...for me thats how it worked..

I clicked on calendar and contacts integration but nothing helped.

It takes me here:

Ozayr_1-1652254894683.png

I then select Google and get stuck.

Which one there's Google , Exchange and O365

I'm wondering if this only works on pc's or also with mac's? I cannot seem to reset anything on my mac. 

I use a PC and have never gotten the issue. My co-teacher uses a Mac and started getting the issue three weeks ago. It is most annoying.

This did not work for me

Thanks for the tip. It worked that configuration on my side.

reakonobi
Listener

Has anyone found a solution for this issue? several users at our company is getting the same error. Zoom not connected status. Unable to establish secure connection. see attachments. Please Help!!!

login to Zoom profile on web browser.

Under profile setting look for  Calendar and Contacts Integration. Delete the exiting contact and calendar integration setting and reconfigure as per your company standar

Great! I was able to schedule a meeting Thank you, really appreciated. But i am still getting "not connected" status on top left. see attached screenshot  

Sign out and sign in again from Zoom Desktop app/Make sure Zoom app is updated to Latest version for Not connected error message on Zoom App.

For Unable to establish secure connection Error:- Make sure we remove Calendar and Contacts Integration after sign into Zoom poral on web browser and Configure again ( SS attached)

Gagan_0-1647522384228.png

did not work

Have you found a way to solve it?  I got the same error notification.. can someone help me please? I Can't solve it with Gagan's way..

Mul
Listener

I was having the same problem, and I changed my browser settings to always use secure connections (in Google Chrome go to Settings -> Privacy and security -> Security -> Advanced -> Always use secure connections) and it apparently solve the problem. Hope it helps.

imkbgeorge
Listener

This just started today. I have tried every suggestion on this thread and nothing is working. I am on a Mac and does not matter if I use Chrome or desktop app. This is becoming debilitating.

This also started for me last night and is very annoying! Won't go away. I have no settings with my organization for my calendar and contacts integration therefore have nothing to reset. Tried everything else here too and nothing seems to work. 

This also started for me yesterday and none of the above solutions have worked to resolve it (updates, time/date, calendar sync, etc.). Something must have changed on Zoom's end, right? This question needs revisiting!

Same thing here - MacBook Pro, using Brave (Chrome) and have tried everything above, but still get "unable to establish a secure connection" and then see that a DigiCert certificate is the reason... I spoke with Digicert, and they say it is a Zoom issue. 

Jotase
Listener

Having the same issue on my Mac running Chrome. Is there a fix for this?

cej3
Listener

I'm having the same issue and I have tried all the options on this thread. It just started today. Any update if there is a fix for this?

NatalieBurrows
Listener

I also have had this issue since the beginning of 2023 and it's causing disruption to my meetings. I'd like a solution please zoom. It can't be an unsecured connection when I'm conducting zoom meetings just fine. 

imkbgeorge
Listener

Additional info: We have 3 macbook pros in the office. All on the same network. Tried both browser and desktop app to use Zoom. Only 1 computer has this issue. I have tried hard-wired to ethernet and wifi. I have disabled Avast. I have tried all solutions mentioned in the thread. The problem computer is on the latest Zoom version 5.13.4 and OS Monterey. 2 with no problem are on 5.12.9 and OS Monterey and 5.12.2 and OS Big Sur. I do not see a way on Zoom.us to download an older version of the software to test. The first I noticed the issue began January 10, 2023 8AM ET. Everything was fine as of January 9 4PM ET. Does anyone from Zoom ever check these threads?

I am only having this issue on my macbook air. Worked fine on my  pc laptop. First encountered problem last night 

InoA
Listener

Some of our users on 5.13.4 have been having this same prompt appear.  Sounds like it may be something on Zoom's side.

DnCdf
Listener

Managed to get rid of that screen by Uninstalling and then Reinstalling Zoom.

Hope it works for others

RobY
Listener

From speaking with Zoom support, there appears to be a known issue on older versions of Mac-OS that started appearing a few days ago. They are trying to address the issue in the next release, but a short-term fix may be to reboot your computer. YMMV.

The reboot was the final step.

bg4
Listener

I have a band-aid solution for those, like me, who are unable to make the problem go away no matter what we try (I like to think it's a bug at Zoom's end that they'll get around to fixing). It's possible to drag the pop-up message, so I simply move it all the way to the side of my screen until only a sliver of the pop-up box remains visible. Just once has the message reappeared in the center of the screen; I moved it to the side again and it stayed put for the rest of the 90-minute meeting.

georgieg
Listener

*I was able to fix this issue - through contacting them by email. It worked on my Mac. Hope this helps someone.

*Open the Zoom desktop application.