cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off thumbnail when sharing screen

library_sm
Listener

We use Zoom for our virtual storytimes and whenever we share a digital book our thumbnail (especially for those using a cell phone) takes up a fair portion of the screen so it is either over the text of the book or some of the illustrations.  I know users can move our thumbnail around on their screen, but I would like to turn it off so it's not interfering with the book.  

I have looked everywhere and don't see exactly what I'm looking for to do this.  

In the attached image, it's the logo in the bottom right hand corner I'd like to turn off when I share our screen.

Is this possible to do?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @library_sm , thank you for your contribution to the Zoom Community. Are you able to drag and swipe the thumbnail to the right or left of the mobile screen? This should allow you to remove the thumbnail from appearing on the main screen. 

Keep me updated! I hope this helps 🙂

Zoom Community Team 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

It looks like dragging and swiping doesn't fully remove the thumbnail from the screen, it just minimizes it, but now there's a pull out arrow where the thumbnail has been hidden. Is there any way to disable the thumbnail completely? Some sort of setting? We record remote mobile UX research sessions via Zoom and even having the pull-out arrow there is a problem for us.