cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to disable Waiting Room when using passcode

RMillerTWG
Listener

Hello-

We don't want a waiting room to be used for meetings, since we're using a passcode.   I've made sure the waiting room toggle is set to off under our admin portion and individual, yet  3 of our 4 users continue to have waiting rooms.  This is problematic for our clients. How do I disable the waiting room for all users under our account?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@RMillerTWG The only way to do this is to go into the Account Management -> Account Settings tab and "Lock" the lock next to the Waiting Room setting. This will force waiting room off on those meetings. 

However, if the setting "Require that all meetings are secured with one security option" is enabled, regardless of locking waiting room off, if there is NO password on a meeting waiting room will still be enabled. 
If going this route, I would recommend locking the setting "
Require a passcode when scheduling new meetings" and selecting the sub option "Require a passcode for meetings which have already been scheduled" which would set a password for anything already scheduled and allow waiting room to be turned off. 

If the setting "Require that all meetings are secured with one security option" is disabled, then you can lock the waiting room off without issue. 

I personally recommend that these users manually go into their meetings and make sure a password is set if needed and that waiting room is turned off. This is the least intrusive method and allows those users to make the changes on their own and know what setting their meeting has. This also allows them to send new meeting links if they are forced to have a password on their meetings. 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

J-Zoom-ATL

@RMillerTWG The only way to do this is to go into the Account Management -> Account Settings tab and "Lock" the lock next to the Waiting Room setting. This will force waiting room off on those meetings. 

However, if the setting "Require that all meetings are secured with one security option" is enabled, regardless of locking waiting room off, if there is NO password on a meeting waiting room will still be enabled. 
If going this route, I would recommend locking the setting "
Require a passcode when scheduling new meetings" and selecting the sub option "Require a passcode for meetings which have already been scheduled" which would set a password for anything already scheduled and allow waiting room to be turned off. 

If the setting "Require that all meetings are secured with one security option" is disabled, then you can lock the waiting room off without issue. 

I personally recommend that these users manually go into their meetings and make sure a password is set if needed and that waiting room is turned off. This is the least intrusive method and allows those users to make the changes on their own and know what setting their meeting has. This also allows them to send new meeting links if they are forced to have a password on their meetings. 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

"Require that all meetings are secured with one security option" is greyed out in Settings.  There's also a message that says "Per new security guidelines, you cannot change this setting. Please contact your account admin for more information."

When people join my personal meeting room, using a link with the password embedded, it's necessary for me to admit them to the meeting.

Since this is a password protected meeting, I'd like to have them automatically bypass the waiting room.  How do I do this?  Pls lmk

Do you know what the current settings are in today's world. I cannot find those settings that you mentioned. Not sure if they got moved or no longer exist. 

I do not see a lock next to the waiting room setting. Does this still exist, and if so, why not on my dashboard?

I see that you don't see lock mechanisms from  the Personal -> Settings -> Meetings area, but need to go to the Admin -> Account Management -> Account Settings location. There I locked the settings. I am frustrated and feel that at $16 a month, Zoom should have made it easier to troubleshoot this problem, as I've spent hours and hours trying to find a solution, and this community discussion group is hard to find and hard to search and it's a pretty simple solution. I got nothing from the chatbots and when I asked for direct support was only told my plan doesn't support tech support of this kind. For $200 a year I would expect better. It kind of makes me want to look into Google Meets which I've resisted because of their consumer behavior. I would like to think all paying customers deserve the best support especially around wonky glitches like this. And now I am trying to help others because the Zoom based explanation was inadequate. Very unhappy customer here. 🙁