cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer App in zoom

Teriewanger
Listener

I love that zoom added their own timer app. However, the app needs to be updated. I would like to be able to move it to a different part of the screen when I’m sharing it so that it doesn’t block anyone’s face or any of the information on the screen. Would it be possible to make it adjustable and resizable so that we can make it smaller or larger depending on what programs we’re running. The last thing I would like is to be able to have preset times, the app used to be able to store 20 seconds 30 seconds a minute five minutes etc. and now it does none of that so I basically have to enter the timing every single time I am running some thing that requires a timer. Please fix it . Does anyone have any other ideas or timers that we can use within zoom that are more flexible than the one offered by zoom.

3 REPLIES 3

Jing
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi

Thank you for your feedback.

For the change of the timer apps, we have the community for Zoom Apps too.

Please check it and if you have requests, we can also ask the developers from there.

https://devforum.zoom.us/

For the current design, you may have tested too.

1. You have the choice to set it xxx minutes + xxx seconds according to you.

Also you can drag this window to anywhere you want on your pc monitor.

Jing_0-1682486174093.png

2. If you enable the Display Timer in Video, it will show on your video like this.

Jing_1-1682486302616.png

Please find below timer from the marketplace and choose the one you need.

Timer

https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/cXw5IXmqT6SIIBQxgM_PfQ

This timer sample you can find from the above screenshot.

The feature is limited as you said.

I found another timer apps here:

Timer - Clock, Agenda, Countdown & Stopwatch

https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/hN2AgjdBSAu3BcC9r5vyfg

I just tested, it can set the design and save timer as template.

But it seems only several days for free trial.

Hope it can help. 

Regards,

Jing

green4keeps
Listener

Jing - The issue being described is that the native Zoom Timer app isn't where the timer "window" is displayed for the person running the timer, it's where the tiny timer circle displays on a person's video window. It's placed in exactly the same location as where all the Zoom raised hand and reaction emojis pop-up, so if the person running the timer also raises their hand in Zoom, the timer circle is covered up by their hand on many screens (depending on the size of someone's monitor and the number of people in the room).  This means other participants are unable to see the timer/countdown while the hand/emoji's are up.

Jing

Hi green4keeps

Thank you for your additional explanation.

Since the Zoom native timer location is in the corner, no matter the host or the participants, they can check the timer in the corner or in the sharing screen.

Jing_0-1694397836317.png

Jing_1-1694397901594.png

Jing