cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The transcript is divided into sections, each with a timestamp that shows how far into the recording

KG-AnnArbor
Listener

(My subject line is a quote from the Zoom instructions.)

I'm on a research team using Zoom audio transcripts for hour-long research interviews. We're finding the quality of the audio transcription to be very good. However, the frequency of what Zoom calls "sections" is extreme -- sometimes every two seconds, even though the speaker hasn't changed. I can understand having a section each time a speaker changes, but what we're experiencing is much more frequent. It makes the transcripts much less readable. However, deleting hundreds of timestamps for every transcript seems quite a waste of time. Has anyone else found a way to avoid the extreme frequency of these timestamps?

As a related curiosity, under Advanced Cloud Recording Settings there's a setting for "add a timestamp to the recording," which I've always had as unselected. Since the frequent timestamps appear anyway, maybe I should experiment and check that setting just to see what happens. If it's an "opposites" setting, that would be fine as solution.

1 REPLY 1

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @KG-AnnArbor 

I agree with you.
There doesn't seem to be a setting to adjust the frequency of sections at this time.

Feedback to Zoom may improve this.

Feedback - Zoom