cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing link for scheduled meeting

Elle123
Listener

Hello I have a scheduled meeting for later in the week, I have been going into the link several times to test it to make sure everything is fine.  Is this ok to do?  

Part 2:  When I scheduled the meeting, I think I embedded the passcode in the link so participants dont have to enter a passcode to enter.  How do I check if I did this?  I did not send participants a passcode so want to make sure they can access with just clicking on the link.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Elle123 It is absolutely fine to retry your meeting link as many times as you would like.  It doesn't have any restrictions on how many times you use it.

Part 2 - If you look at the meeting invite you sent them, it will have at string of random characters on the end if the passcode is included in the link.

Hopefully this helps.  If so, please click on "Accept as Solution" below.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

colegs

@Elle123 It is absolutely fine to retry your meeting link as many times as you would like.  It doesn't have any restrictions on how many times you use it.

Part 2 - If you look at the meeting invite you sent them, it will have at string of random characters on the end if the passcode is included in the link.

Hopefully this helps.  If so, please click on "Accept as Solution" below.

Kirsten1
Listener

Hi!

I have a related question: Can I press "start meeting" on a scheduled meeting to test all the features, audio and so a week in advance, with other participating in the test-run through the link invitation, and it will be ok? It will not register as if the meeting is finished?

Best Kirsten

colegs

Kristen, yes, you can start a meeting a week ahead of time (or more), test everything and then come back on the day of the meeting and everything will still be set for you.

I have this problem. I star meetting for mistake .The meeting its scheduel at 08 PM. If i END now meeting i will not have the same link ,no?Is there any possibility to end the meeting but at 8 p.m. to enter on the same link? I don't think I could stay with my laptop on zoom for 6 hours.

colegs

@Artemisia the link is actually good for 30 days, so you can start and stop is over that time if necessary.