cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound issue when sharing music

Louise8
Listener

I have a new laptop, Dell 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1255U   1.70 GHz, using Windows 11.

Sharing music is not working. I've tested microphones, speakers - they work well when using them generally, no issues with playing music when not on Zoom.

But when I'm on Zoom, sharing sound, the music comes in and out and mostly disappears. I've tried mono and stereo and other settings, makes no difference.

The issue also occurred when attending an event with music and voice. When the person was speaking the sound on Zoom was fine, when music was played it was terrible, in and out and disappearing. 

I know how to share music, have done it heaps of times on previous laptop. Used two different music programs, same issue (iTunes, Windows). Assistance greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Louise8
Listener

With a little help from Zoom, I think this is fixed. It was a setting on the laptop.

Go to System > Sound > Scroll down to Advanced > click on All Sound Devices > check what the settings are.

When I clicked Allow for Stereo Mix - that fixed it. I have all these set to Allow.

I hope this works for you both.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks for responding but that hasn't solved it. I'm not on a Mac, I've not had to enable Zoom on other laptops. I've tried all the settings I can find and it makes no difference. I think it could be a Zoom software bug or glitch. I had a similar issue about a year ago on another laptop and it resolved after an update. Does anyone else have ideas?

Yup, nothing in that response would help a Windows user.  Did they even read your post?

Jamanred
Listener

I am using a Win11 i7 (12the Gen) Asus laptop.  I can share media with no issues.  My audience can hear voice and music with no issues.  But on the receiving end, any shared media is stripped of all music.  It is odd to be able to see a shared video, hear people talking in the video, but hear no music that the video source has.  I have been trying to figure this out for months.  I had no issue with Win10.  Even shortly after upgrading to Win11, I had no issues.  I just wish I knew which Zoom update this issue started.  I sent a ticket to Zoom with no response. 

Of note, I know in the AV world, there is flagged content to prevent copyright media like box office films from being shared in video conferencing.  I am wondering if Zoom is flagging all music differently based on the operating system.  That is the only explanation I can see. 

AussieChick
Listener

I'm following along on this as I have this issue. I regularly log in to meetings which have music played in them, I get the start of the song and then it fades out. I replaced my laptop earlier this year and it has been a problem since then.  Not an issue with my previous laptop, or with my phone or tablet if I log in on those.

Louise8
Listener

With a little help from Zoom, I think this is fixed. It was a setting on the laptop.

Go to System > Sound > Scroll down to Advanced > click on All Sound Devices > check what the settings are.

When I clicked Allow for Stereo Mix - that fixed it. I have all these set to Allow.

I hope this works for you both.

Could you clarify the steps you went through to resolve this issue? We have the same issue but on our version of Windows 10, the sound settings don't seem to match what you're suggesting. Thank you!

Mine happened after my zoom app was updated. My background music can only be heard if I have the sound menu/setting opened. If I close the sound setting the broadcasting of the music goes away.

Very helpful as that did solve my issue!

NG2
Listener

I'm having this problem on a Windows 11 LG. I can be heard when I talk but no instructments can be heard consistently. I get an occasional tone that gets through.

Unfortunately, this solution did not work for me. Neither did disabling the Microphone array in windows settings.

I am having the same issue both in Windows 10 and 11.  Is it a Zoom issue?  Does anyone have a solution.  The system>sound.etc. settings for Windows 11 are as described below so that is not the issue.

Ging1
Listener

stopped using the bluetooth dongles that came with the bluetooth devices.. audio is now ok