cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size of mouse pointer does not change in share screen

JohnArduini
Listener

When I do a PowerPoint presentation in Windows 10 I increased the size of the mouse pointer and the color to a vivid red.  When I then share the presentation under zoom, the color remains but the cursor on the screen reverts back to original size.  How can I fix this?  There doesn't seem to be anything within zoom.  Is there something I should do under windows mouse settings?

13 REPLIES 13

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I would recommend using the highlighter option in the annotation tools. This might help keep the cursor more visible in your recordings. 

carroll2
Listener

The same thing happens on the Mac.  And even if you use the highlighter, it's just really small, barely visible.  Is there no way to enlarge it?  

MtnManiacX
Listener

I see there has not been an answer to this. It drives me crazy that my students can barely see my cursor when I'm teaching online classes with Zoom. I've increased my cursor size in Windows, but it's still tiny and barely visible to my viewers.

No, no answer.  Supposedly the  Zoom development are going to try to work on this in a future version.  But they wouldn't let me express the desire for the change directly to them -- it had to go through my organization. And my organization's IT people are so overloaded that they just a couple of weeks ago (late January) told me they would mention this at the next meeting they were going to have with the zoom development people, although I brought up the problem in early December. In other words, Zoom has set up a system where they have totally insulated themselves from actual users and are hearing things second hand from IT people who haven't experienced the problem. It's really frustrating.

Bort

You can send feedback directly to our development team here: https://zoom.us/feed

Not true.  I did that back in December, and they wouldn't accept the feedback until it came from our Zoom tech people at UCBerkeley, so that added about six weeks delay to the process.  And I also have no idea if they actually relayed my concern to the Zoom development team, or just blew me off and told me they would do so. It's really a dumb system, in my opinion, and I think you should change it.  

I tried the same thing to request the implementation of custom cursors, or at least enlarged cursors. No joy. We have no way of knowing whether Zoom's developers even know about our cursor problems.

Same here! I work with a visually impaired client who needs to be able to see the HUGE cursor I've been providing on the screen. I really need this problem to be fixed but your comment was made in early 2022. it's late 2023 and this is stil a problem!

JohnEidemiller
Listener

I realize this is an older post but I’ve had some luck getting a large mouse in zoom presentations.  After you set a large mouse with color, in the same Window where you’ve done that select Additional mouse options on the right side of the screen. This should bring up the old school Mouse Properties window.  Click on the Pointrer Options tab and make sure Display pointer trails is checked, I also drag the pointer trail length all the way over to Short then click OK.

Now the last thing to do BEFORE you start your screen share is to make sure to check Optimize for video clip. And hopefully voila!

Hi John,

I'm with you up until this line:

Now the last thing to do BEFORE you start your screen share is to make sure to check Optimize for video clip. And hopefully voila!

Where is this option? (Or, @ShanuWral, if you can help...?)

Thanks!
-Sharon

It’s a setting in zoom. Its location may vary based upon the platform you’re using. If you can’t locate it, let me know which platform you’re using and I’ll try to help.

ShanuWral
Listener

Oh my goodness! Thank you so very much. This solved my problem completely!