cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Multiple Desktops

eugene117
Listener

I was doing some investigating for Zoom screen share and had a question. I have a dual monitor setup. Is there a way to screen share both monitors at the same time? I know it will be small, but I was wondering if that is possible. I know you can share multiple applications at the same time, but it only appears as if it's on one monitor. Please let me know if anyone has seen this before.

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @eugene117.

I don't think this is possible within Zoom all by itself.  You could use OBS Studio to grab multiple screens/screen segments, then feed the output of OBS into a Zoom Screen Share of the OBS Virtual Camera.

And I did a quick search and found this response from a little over a year ago.  Most of the thread didn't seem to help, but then @ScottBurk88 chimed in at the bottom with something that might be promising, if you're on Windows.  (Note: I haven't tried it.)

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

jbutcher
Listener

This is now possible after the 5.15.0 release around June 19-20th. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/16788969086349-Release-notes-for-June-19-2023

You can share multiple desktop screens (i.e. two separate monitors) at the same time. You just have to hold Ctrl key (PC) or Shift key (Mac) and select up to 2 desktop screens much like you could/can do with multiple windows. 

Frank_TB

Hi. 
jbutcher is correct.

s there a support document for this? I want to see what the minimum client version is to use this new feature so I can share it with others.

Thanks

Ray_Harwood

@Frank_TB, it's here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115000424286-Sharing-Multiple-Screens-Simultaneously

Notes:

• It has to be enabled at the User level in Web Portal -> Settings
  • It is incompatible with Remote Support enablement.
  • Requires Multiple participants can share at simultaneously in Settings -> Meeting :
    Ray_Harwood_0-1691712602280.png
    -- OR --
  • The same setting on the ^ menu of Share Screens:
    Ray_Harwood_1-1691712707542.png

Having done this, then clicked Share Screen and -- holding Control down -- selected 2 of my monitors (I have 4!), my floating menu bar shows both screen are actively being shared:

Ray_Harwood_3-1691713269393.png

And a participant's screen looks like this:

Ray_Harwood_4-1691713552644.png

Screen 1 and 2 side by side, and the two participants in gallery view.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Frank_TB

Thanks. I think this support article is about letting multiple users share their desktops simultaneously.

I was asking about one user sharing two monitor desktops at the same time.So not the same thing.

Share both screens of a dual monitor set up simultaneously, Desktop 1 and Desktop 2.

Screen Shot 2023-08-10 at 9.52.58 PM.png

I know how to do it, but I can't find any support documentation on prerequisites.

Cheers