cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Screen is not working correctly. Cannot see other viewers.

kjanuszgds
Listener

When I share my screen to do a PowerPoint, I am not able to see the other Viewers. Gallery View is not working. How do I change this? 

3 REPLIES 3

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

Please follow this article to enable Gallery mode along with sharing:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004802843-Side-by-side-mode-for-screen-sharing

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Jameswalter
Participant

Restart your device or browser. Uninstall the app, then download and reinstall it. For macOS version 10.15 Catalina and higher, check your device's privacy settings and make sure that Zoom has permission for screen recording.

Regards,
John

Quwenisha1
Listener

I've literally tried everything, I changed the appropriate setting, called zoom support, watched a ton on YouTube videos online, this is a real glitch that is unsolvable on certain MACs. Maybe older Macs. It looks like this is the end of the line as it comes to any help with this matter.  GOOD NEWS; Ive found the MAKESHIFT solution however not conventional/ professional in the slightest.

FOR THE SOLUTION;

You'll need 2 devices, and to have 2 Zoom accounts. (I USED MY MAC BOOK, and my CELL PHONE)

With my cell phone I shared my google slides, BUT MAKE SURE NOT TO CONNECT THE SOUND "AT ALL" WITH THE DEVICE YOU CHOOSE TO SHARE SLIDES WITH, because even if one device is on mute you cant get around the feedback making a horrible sound.

This fixed my problem because on my device while, other members of the group are sharing i have the ability to split the screen perfectly fine. So I can see the people presenting and all of the students at the same time. I suggest using an old phone so your phone is not ringing while presenting, Or if you have a 2nd computer that will work too.....

I was in a hurry to find a solution so this fixed things quick enough for me to get on my way, in my search for answers I found these 3 videos helpful on YOUTUBE, the 1st ones is from zoom tech support. Despite me changing in the setting it didn't work for me, but maybe it will work for one of you.

1)  https://youtu.be/zGBRmCLlXVU

ONLY 1 of these zooms will be using my slides while the other will be having more control to interact with the students.