cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Sharing

brboardman
Listener

I am trying to demonstrate some things to my participants using Share Screen, Screen.  It was my understanding that when I choose the Screen option, participants could see WHATEVER is on my screen.  So, first question:  Is that true or false?

In particular, I was logged into my Zoom account via my web browser and was showing some of the back office features.  But when I then opened the Zoom APP on my desktop, the interface popped up as usual and I could see it, but my participants could not.

Wondering if there's a conflict with being logged in via we browser AND being logged in on the app at the same time?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DoctorWho
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @brboardman 

true 🙂

What you experienced is not a bug, it is a feature. Per default no one can see your zoom window in a screen share.

To let your participants see your client you have to do the following: (from https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362153-Sharing-your-screen-or-desktop-on-Zoom)

How to show Zoom windows during screen share

By default, the Zoom window is not shared while sharing your screen. Showing the Zoom window during screen share can be useful if a participant is helping you use Zoom.

To show Zoom windows during screen share:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Settings.
  3. In the In Meeting (Basic) section, make sure Show Zoom windows during screen share is enabled. This setting will allow the setting to appear in the desktop client.
  4. Sign out of the Zoom desktop client and sign back in. Alternatively, you can exit the client and re-open it.
  5. Click your profile picture then click Settings.
  6. Click the Share Screen tab and make sure Show Zoom windows during screen share is enabled.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DoctorWho

Hi @brboardman 

true 🙂

What you experienced is not a bug, it is a feature. Per default no one can see your zoom window in a screen share.

To let your participants see your client you have to do the following: (from https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362153-Sharing-your-screen-or-desktop-on-Zoom)

How to show Zoom windows during screen share

By default, the Zoom window is not shared while sharing your screen. Showing the Zoom window during screen share can be useful if a participant is helping you use Zoom.

To show Zoom windows during screen share:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Settings.
  3. In the In Meeting (Basic) section, make sure Show Zoom windows during screen share is enabled. This setting will allow the setting to appear in the desktop client.
  4. Sign out of the Zoom desktop client and sign back in. Alternatively, you can exit the client and re-open it.
  5. Click your profile picture then click Settings.
  6. Click the Share Screen tab and make sure Show Zoom windows during screen share is enabled.

I have tried this several times. "Show Zoom windows during screen share" does not show up. Help!  

brboardman
Listener

Perfect!  Thank you so much for the assist!

Marshallg
Listener

I used Screen share many times with my old computer, a Macbook Pro. But in January I got a Macbook Air, and I can't use Screenshare. Anyone have any idea why, and how to fix it?