cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling

CREAD
Listener

I would like to use one meeting ID and one password for several recurring meetings. These may reoccur several times for the weeks at varying times and I do not want to issue a new code or password for every meeting. I want the people who have the info to continue to have free access. Also, If it is absolutely necessary for a host to be present at every meeting then I would like to have 2 or 3  hosts assigned. Any of them should be able to facilitate the meeting since all may not be present at any time. Also, is it possible to have these 3 hosts assigned permanently?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The picture attached shows scheduling a meeting through the Zoom web portal. When you select "Recurring Meeting" you can choose the type of recurrence (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, No Fixed Time).  When scheduling through the Zoom desktop app it appears that a recurring meeting is set to "No Fixed Time" by default.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

BethFell
Attendee

For the scenario you describe you should schedule a recurring meeting with No Fixed Time and add 2 or 3 people as alternate hosts. In this way any of the alt hosts can start the meeting at any time and anyone who has the meeting info can join.  Whichever alt host starts the meeting will be assigned the host role until/unless you join the meeting, at which time you will be given the host role. 

Regardless of who starts a meeting, if the meeting is recorded to the cloud that recording will always be saved under your account (or the account of whoever scheduled the meeting).

no fixed time meeting? Please provide instruction

The picture attached shows scheduling a meeting through the Zoom web portal. When you select "Recurring Meeting" you can choose the type of recurrence (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, No Fixed Time).  When scheduling through the Zoom desktop app it appears that a recurring meeting is set to "No Fixed Time" by default.

Most appreciated.

I am trying to add an alternative host but the two addresses I entered could not be found

Alternate hosts need to be part of your Zoom account. So they either need accounts created on your Zoom instance or you need to choose alt host who are under your Zoom umbrella.  Once a meeting begins you can make anyone who joins a co-host.

Can you send me a pic please as before? 

Thanks

Sure, the attached shows where to add alternate hosts.  If you see a message that the email address could not be found, it means the email is not a member of your Zoom instance.  Alternate hosts have to be part of your Zoom instance for you to add them when scheduling a meeting. If you have a Zoom account and it's just your account, no one else is attached to it, you won;t be able to add alternate hosts.

I need to schedule a meeting