cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling a recurring meeting without specific dates

Cacti8
Attendee

Until recently I was able to use my Zoom app to schedule a zoom link to be used for recurring sessions without specifying dates or times. I do not like the change that now requires me to log in using the web portal to attain the same results. I am running Zoom version 5.14.11 (17221) on a PC with Win10. Is there a way to return to the previous format for scheduling such recurring sessions. Thank you.

19 REPLIES 19

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Cacti8 welcome to the community! As far as I know, you were always prompt to set a start date and end date, with the desired occurrences.

For example, when scheduling from the client, if its not an 'all day' event, it will show specific dates and times for recurring meetings. 

If its an all day event, you will just see start date and end date.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

When I created a new meeting using my zoom app, and not the Web site, once I entered that it was a recurring I did not have the constraints that now appear. I did not have to enter how many occurrences, whether any subsequent meeting was daily or weekly.., start and end time, how often repeated, end date, etc. This is all new and unappreciated. I schedule meetings with clients on a subject matter and the meetings are held as necessary when issues arise. The current format means that if I don't want to log unto the web and simply use the Zoom app that is installed on my computer, I have to create and schedule a new meeting with the same client on the same matter every time we need to discuss the matter. This greatly diminshes the benefit of the app and the benefit of Zoom. I don't understand what justified the change. Old adage " if it ain't broke ....."

Cacti8_0-1686764445300.png

I agree with everything you said, the new scheduling model is awful, "I don't understand what justified the change. Old adage " if it ain't broke ....." 

Sorry Zoom Moderator, but you are not addressing the concern raised here. Hard to "Accept as solution" in this case!

That's not correct. I used to schedule all my classes on recurring meetings without dates. Now, I have to schedule with dates, which is super annoying, and then I have multiple meetings populate my meeting feed. This is very obtrusive of my Zoom workspace as I am running lots of recurring meetings. Please revert this Zoom!

Moderator,

As you may note from the subsequent comments to my initial posting, your assumption was wrong. The app version always allowed to identify the meeting as recurring and leave it at that, with no need for any additional dates or times, or end period. I still haven't been able to understand why this was changed, or why it cannot be rectified by reverting to the initial version.

Leatherbee
Listener

I am also hating this new update as the time and dates of my meetings change all the time and it is a huge pain to deal with this new update.  I also want to know how to get back to the last version!  In my most recent version, as above, I did not have this problem.  Anyone know how to do it?  Would be so grateful to get the steps for going backward!

NoiseQuest
Listener

Please can you flag this as an important issue @RN?

It appears many users (including myself) were not aware of the 'No Fixed Time' (see attached screenshot) option for recurring meetings that can be set in the Zoom Web Portal. Whilst this is the correct solution to the problem, please can you add this option to app in the next update? It would be great if we could access this function directly in the app when creating new meetings.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @NoiseQuest @Cacti8 @RobSweetman @PabloMartini @Leatherbee i'm sorry, I misunderstood that this implemented to the Zoom desktop back in 5.14.5 as the No fixed time recurrence option was removed from the Zoom desktop client in April 2023. I must've missed that! 🤦‍♂️ 

According to our KB on No Fixed Time option missing when scheduling recurring Zoom meeting, to schedule a recurring meeting with no fixed time, you can schedule through the Zoom web portal, Gmail, or Outlook.

But yes, confirming I am seeing the difference between the Client vs. Web Portal on scheduling recurring meetings.

Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 10.41.02 AM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

It appears that removing the option to schedule undated recurring meetings from the client and requiring the user to log in to the portal is a change that is irritating several users. Please offer a logical explanation as to why the change was made and whether there is any possibility that the change can/will be reversed and the client version will again allow for undated recurring meetings. Thank you.

this needs to be taken up with higher levels of response. I so agree with everyone: this is a bug that needs to be fixed! Super frustrating!

Dear NoiseQuest,

Thank you for posting the new layout with a solution for a recurring meeting without specific times.

I was about to cancel my Zoom subscription, and move over to Outlook, until I saw your message.

I have now created a new recurring meeting, which is not limited by time constraints, and which does not clutter my calendar with a month's worth of daily meetings, listed like an eternal ladder of noise, making me want to block my ears and hide!

All the best!

Bili
Listener

I agree with all annoyed users before me. No fixed time recurrence option needs to be put back. And no, to set such a meeting from the web portal IS NOT a solution, this is just called a waste of our time.

However I do remember to see No fixed time offered also inside the app for a little while in between (within the new setting I mean) . Just add that back.  

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Bili thank you for your feedback with this change! To get further visibility to your feedback, I would suggest submitting your feedback to Zoom, thank you! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I clicked the link and it is asking what computer platform I use. This is not a link to submit feedback. It is a link to tell us how to submit feedback. Ultimately, YOU WORK FOR ZOOM. Take our feedback here and stop wasting our time!

I agree with Rob. This is a poor choice, now i see why so many people are moving to other platforms. "You were first, but will be last" is happening to you, just like PalmOS was.

VoodoConference
Listener

Just updated to the new Linux-Clients, "no fixed time" still missing... SUPER FRUSTRATING!

VoodoConference
Listener

Editing existing meetings and the option is there!!!! 😖

JDT1
Listener

I agree with Cacti8. Using the desktop app, I used to be able to set a reoccurring meeting date without specific dates. It is pretty annoying, since future dates are not set in stone for some meeting groups, but I would like to keep the Zoom link the same. However, I did appreciate learning from Cacti8's first post that one workaround would be to use the web app! Like others, I would like the former option to return to the desktop app, too.