cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery of local Zoom recordings deleted by mistake

Ulises_Milani
Listener

Hello, I need help with a problem of local Zoom recordings. It turns out that I accidentally deleted some recordings that I made with Zoom and that were saved on my computer, and not in the cloud. I have tried to recover them with several data recovery programs, but I have not succeeded. The curious thing is that when I enter the Zoom recordings section, the recordings appear there, but when I try to open them it tells me that it cannot find the file path. Is there any way to recover local recordings from the Zoom platform itself? Or does anyone know of a program that works for this case? I appreciate your help very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ali012
Listener

Recovering locally deleted Zoom recordings can be challenging. Once deleted from the local storage, there's no direct way within Zoom to retrieve them. However, if you've linked your Zoom account to a cloud storage service like Google Drive or Dropbox for automatic backups, check those platforms for a potential copy of the deleted recordings.

Alternatively, if you have a backup system or utilize file recovery software on your computer, there might be a chance to recover the deleted Zoom recordings from your device's storage.

Remember, the sooner you attempt recovery after deletion, the higher the likelihood of success. If these methods don't work, contacting Zoom support or referring to their support documentation might provide additional options or guidance for recovering deleted recordings.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ali012
Listener

Recovering locally deleted Zoom recordings can be challenging. Once deleted from the local storage, there's no direct way within Zoom to retrieve them. However, if you've linked your Zoom account to a cloud storage service like Google Drive or Dropbox for automatic backups, check those platforms for a potential copy of the deleted recordings.

Alternatively, if you have a backup system or utilize file recovery software on your computer, there might be a chance to recover the deleted Zoom recordings from your device's storage.

Remember, the sooner you attempt recovery after deletion, the higher the likelihood of success. If these methods don't work, contacting Zoom support or referring to their support documentation might provide additional options or guidance for recovering deleted recordings.

Thank you for your answer. I have already tried with recovery programs and they do not recover them very well. They recover recordings with the name of my zoom recordings, but when I play them they do not sound or they play something that has nothing to do with what I recorded in zoom. I also tried to contact the support by reporting a problem, but I did not get an answer. I understand that they must be very busy or have a lot of messages. I don’t want to bother them too much. Is there any other way to recover my local recordings?