cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering recordings

Raymond1
Listener

I recorded a meeting recently on my laptop and when the meeting ended, I accidentally ended the ZOOM session before receiving any notice that the recording was complete. Now the recording doesn't appear to exist. Any chance I can recover it somehow?

4 REPLIES 4

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hello, @Raymond1 ! I just saw that you didn't get a response to your post. Are you still experiencing this problem? If so, kindly read this knowledge base article and let me know if it was helpful. 

Troubleshooting Local Recording Issues 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team
Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

My question is what if you were part of the meeting? If you joined in the meeting but were not the host. Is that zoom meeting video available to me? Is it automatically saved in my archive, your archive or does the host have sole proprietorship of video? And if I able to request to  obtain a copy from Zoom or The Host? No clear on exactly what the process is. If I log in at a specific time & enter the meeting with ID number do I have access to the recording in any way individually or is it available for public sale or just myself and the host. Or zoom controls it all? I just want to know specifics. If I join a meeting and attend it for how many hours  do I get a copy from you or from the host? Or can I get any information on an old zoom I attended to assist in locating the specific zoom I need and was the only one I attended in like say 2021?

Please advise

Hi @Dotcski,

In this case you will need to reach out directly to the host of the meeting to see if they have access to the recording via their cloud recordings or save locally to their computer. They can then share the recording with you as they are the owners of the recording by default.

For more information, please reference: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/14550911368205-Finding-your-local-and-cloud-recordings

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Is there any way to recover a deleted meeting/file?

I made a mistake and deleted a Zoom Meeting from my Downloads. I thought I moved it over to hard drive, but didn't..... Is there a way to recover this meeting from your side?

Please advise

Thanks