cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings

chigozibsc
Listener

If I download a Zoom recording from the cloud onto my computer and then delete it from my Zoom account to free up cloud space, will that recording still exist? How do I send it to participants once it is deleted from my Zoom account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

You will still be able to access the local file (.mp4, presumably) and distribute this as you would any video file. Email, FTP, Dropbox/GDrive, etc.

However, you will no longer be able to download a new copy of the recording from Zoom cloud, so please consider backing the file up to another location (whether external hard drive, cloud storage, etc) before deleting. Also note that a recording will need to be deleted, then deleted from 'Trash' in order to free up space in Zoom Cloud.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

bstrelko

You will still be able to access the local file (.mp4, presumably) and distribute this as you would any video file. Email, FTP, Dropbox/GDrive, etc.

However, you will no longer be able to download a new copy of the recording from Zoom cloud, so please consider backing the file up to another location (whether external hard drive, cloud storage, etc) before deleting. Also note that a recording will need to be deleted, then deleted from 'Trash' in order to free up space in Zoom Cloud.