cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording without the screen sharing. Possible?

JBagley
Newcomer
Newcomer

Is it possible to record a Zoom meeting, but not have the screen sharing be recorded? Or asked in another way, have a recording of a meeting that only records the speakers in full view and not any screen sharing?

I know Zoom Clips can do speaker only recording, but this isn't a meeting. I'm trying to do this during a meeting with multiple people on the call.

I've looked through different recording settings and tried a bunch, but no luck!

Any insights? Or is this just not possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DanHuber
Participant
Participant

Under your Zoom Account settings under recording there is a check box that lets you Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately. If all three are checked then you will have isolated recording files. I am not sure what the behavior is if only 2 are checked or one. I would assume you would only have the recording of the ones that are checked. There is a chance that you are unable to access this setting if the Admin or Account owner has locked this setting. If you are not the admin or account owner of the Zoom account then you would need to contact them to enable on the account level. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

DanHuber
Participant
Participant

Under your Zoom Account settings under recording there is a check box that lets you Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately. If all three are checked then you will have isolated recording files. I am not sure what the behavior is if only 2 are checked or one. I would assume you would only have the recording of the ones that are checked. There is a chance that you are unable to access this setting if the Admin or Account owner has locked this setting. If you are not the admin or account owner of the Zoom account then you would need to contact them to enable on the account level. 

This is useful, Dan!

Just to confirm, you have a Zoom paid account, correct? (or which paid account level?)

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

There is not an option for not recording/ignoring the screen sharing.  The closest you can get is recording the speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately and then just not sharing (or deleting) the shared screen recording.

I'm happy with having all 3 and then just using the speaker view. Thanks!

Can you confirm which account level this option is on? I'm assuming it's just for Zoom paid accounts?

colegs

@JBagley - It is the third option in the Cloud Recording settings, and as Cloud Recording is only available on paid accounts, you are correct that you would need a license.

colegs_0-1716467337554.png