cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording virtual background - Video Cam always top right

egroeg1980
Listener

I am recording a presentation and I want to use my powerpoint as my virtual background which is achievable - but, my Video when recorded always diverts to the top right of the recording. Even if you move where your video overlay is posisitoned, on the recording playback, the cam-video reverts to the top right which covers over the imagery on the slideware I'm presenting. Is there a way to adjust this?

2 REPLIES 2

Opticswhiz
Listener

It sounds like you're using a video recording software that automatically places your camera video in the top right corner of the screen. This can be frustrating when you want to use your PowerPoint slides as a virtual background, as it covers up important content on your slides.

One potential solution is to use a different video recording software that allows you to adjust the placement of your camera video. Some recording software may have a setting that allows you to change the position of your camera video overlay, or to disable it altogether.

Alternatively, you could try resizing your PowerPoint slides to fit the dimensions of your camera video overlay. This would allow you to position your camera video in the top right corner without covering up important content on your slides.

If neither of these solutions work for you, you may need to experiment with different video recording setups until you find one that works well for your needs.

Regards

Howlongishockeygame

kjhartma
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi there,

You must record locally for your meeting to be recorded if you want your video to be on top of the slides.  Since you'd be recording locally, you'd have to find another way to distribute the link to others. (YouTube, Dropbox, etc.)

If you record your slides shares as a virtual background to the cloud, your recording will appear as a normal screen share recoding.

See https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360046912351-Sharing-slides-as-a-Virtual-Background for more information.

-KJH