cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording forever processing

LeslieW94
Newcomer
Newcomer

There is a meeting in my cloud storage from 2021 that still says "recording processing." I would like to delete this from the account, but it doesn't seem I can do anything at all with it while it is stuck in endless processing. How do I fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

fron8861
Newcomer
Newcomer

I understand that you're having trouble deleting a meeting recording from your Zoom cloud storage. Here are a few things you can try:

1. Check the processing time. Cloud recordings generally take about 2 times the duration recorded to process, but occasionally may take up to 24 hours due to higher processing loads at that time. If it's been more than 24 hours since the meeting ended, and the recording is still processing, then you can try the next step.
  2. Restart your computer. Sometimes a simple restart can fix software glitches that are preventing the recording from processing.
  3. Clear your Zoom cache. To do this, follow these steps:
    • Open Zoom.
    • Click on the Settings icon (gear icon) in the top right corner.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Scroll down to the Troubleshooting section and click on Clear Cache.
  4. Reinstall Zoom. If you've tried all of the above and the recording is still processing, then you can try reinstalling Zoom. This will remove any corrupted files that may be causing the problem.

If you've tried all of these steps and the recording is still processing, then you may need to contact Zoom support for help.

Here are the steps on how to contact Zoom support:

1. Go to the Zoom website.
  2. Click on the Help icon (question mark icon) in the top right corner.
  3. Click on Contact Us.
  4. Select the Recordings topic.
  5. Fill out the form and submit it.

A Zoom support representative will contact you within 24 hours to help you resolve the issue.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

I'm at step three... There is no settings icon anywhere on the page, nor do I see anything about the cache in the settings from the menu on the left side.

Hi @LeslieW94 , 

I apologize for the inconvenience you're facing with the cloud recording stuck in the "processing" state from 2021. If a recording remains in the processing state for an extended period, typically more than 48 hours, it might be encountering an isolated finalization issue.

To resolve this matter, I recommend submitting a request to Zoom Support for further assistance.

Our support team will be able to look into the specific case and help you retrieve or delete the recording as needed.

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi @CarlaA

Unfortunately, I have already tried this, and almost immediately received an automated response saying that no one would be able to respond to my request. I will try again.