cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording as co-host?

SS26
Listener

Situation: I'm connected as a co-host in meetings, but have the free Zoomversion myself. I can click on the button: Recording meeting, hard disk or cloud. Question: If I click on this, can the host also start the record or is it just me?

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

crissyd
Participant | Zoom Employee

@SS26 Currently, hosts and co-hosts cannot start cloud recording and local recording simultaneously. Once the host or co-host begins cloud recording, local recording cannot be started. Additionally, the host and co-host cannot control both cloud and local recording separately.

If you start local recording then cloud recording afterward, both the cloud recording and local recording will stop whenever the host or co-host stops recording. You cannot stop the local recording without stopping the cloud recording.

View solution in original post

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @SS26.

My approach to this is to join from a second computer, remove co-Host, request permission to record locally (and grant by the Host), then record locally from the non-privileged login. Nothing should be different about the local recording just because it’s not a co-host.

Either way, as @crissyd suggests, this does require two logged in devices.

Maybe this will change in the impending release of Zoom 6.0 later this month?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

crissyd

@SS26 Currently, hosts and co-hosts cannot start cloud recording and local recording simultaneously. Once the host or co-host begins cloud recording, local recording cannot be started. Additionally, the host and co-host cannot control both cloud and local recording separately.

If you start local recording then cloud recording afterward, both the cloud recording and local recording will stop whenever the host or co-host stops recording. You cannot stop the local recording without stopping the cloud recording.

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @SS26.

My approach to this is to join from a second computer, remove co-Host, request permission to record locally (and grant by the Host), then record locally from the non-privileged login. Nothing should be different about the local recording just because it’s not a co-host.

Either way, as @crissyd suggests, this does require two logged in devices.

Maybe this will change in the impending release of Zoom 6.0 later this month?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !