cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording and transmitting

AlanStory
Listener

Hi: 

I am soon going to conduct an hour long interview ( audio and video) on my paid Zoom account and record it in "the clouds." I then want to email the recording ( audio only) to a friend via email.  She will the transcribe the recording on her Otter account and send back to me. 

My question:  does an hour long audio interview (audio only)  have too many megabytes to send  from my standard Gmail account? 

Thanks 

Alan  

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @AlanStory 

When a recording is stored in Zoom's cloud and you decide you want to share it with someone, all you need to share is the link to the recording, and they can access it directly on Zoom's website. Thus, you shouldn't have to worry about your Gmail's maximum attachment size limit, as you are only sending a link to the recording, not the recording itself. 

Beyond that, if you really did want to download the audio-only file and send it to your friend directly, I'm not sure if the audio-only file would be small enough for attaching to an email. Seems the max file size for sending in Gmail is 25MB, but I've never really noticed the typical size of the audio-only files coming from a cloud recording.

If it is too big, you would need to either share the link for her to view/listen to the recording on Zoom directly, or download the audio-only file, upload it to your Google Drive, then send the link to the file on your Google Drive via email to your friend. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.