cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded Video Flashing Green

AC4343
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am trying to watch a recorded lecture from my instructors, but when I view the video on my laptop, the screen is flashing green and the audio is fine. If I view the video on my phone, it works just fine, however, I prefer to watch the video on my computer. Is there a way to fix this from my end rather than having to go to IT? I should note that I can't watch the videos on the web app, it comes to me as a link that I can only view from the browser.

10 REPLIES 10

aprilcshirley
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello,

I'm having the same issue with one of my clients. Did you find a solution? 

tanya0023
Newcomer
Newcomer

same issue..did you find the solution? I am on a paid plan but it still won't let me contact support!!

It's infuriating that we can't get live support even on a paid plan!

Same issue here. I am just wondering, are you guys using an ARM CPU laptop? Since the problem never happens in a Intel laptop, but happens in my new laptop, which happens to have an ARM CPU.

I just purchased a Windows Copilot PC and it's happening to me. Trying to find some video codecs that are compatible with ARM

I think Zoom has an ARM based installer. If you are using web-based Zoom applications, try turning off the "Use graphics acceleration when available" option in Edge/Chrome. It works for me.

Turning off the acceleration worked! Thank you.

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello there, 

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

The green screen flashing on and off when you try to watch videos is probably because of a problem with video codec compatibility. A video codec is the software that's used to encode and decode digital video files.

You can check Zoom recording supported formats here, but sometimes the codec that was used to encode the video you're trying to watch might not work well with the device or software you're using. This can make it hard for the video player to decode the video correctly, which leads to things like a flashing green screen.

Here are a few common reasons why this might be happening:

• Your browser or video player might not have the right codec installed or turned on.
  • The video might have been encoded using a codec that isn't widely supported.
  • There could be a problem with the video file itself or the way it was uploaded.
  • Your internet connection might be unstable, causing issues with how the video plays back.

To fix this issue, you can try doing a few things:

• Make sure your browser or video player is updated to the latest version.
  • Clear out the cache and cookies in your browser.
  • Switch to a different browser or video player.
  • Check that your internet connection is stable and fast enough for watching videos in good quality.
  • If it seems like the problem is only with one specific video, you could try reaching out to the person who uploaded the video for help.

If you're still having trouble, you might need to use a different device or find another way to watch the video you want to see.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

whtin7891
Newcomer
Newcomer
I found a solution.  I turned off the "Use graphics acceleration when available" option in Edge/Chrome and now its working fine. I'm not sure if this is the same as your use case but my issue seems to be a combability problem with my laptop GPU. I hope it helps.

jillb
Newcomer
Newcomer

I took my brand new Surface Pro to the Geek Squad and they said it's the Windows Media Player that cannot handle the size of Zoom videos. I downloaded VLC and no issues at all. I am going to try the "Use graphics acceleration" option though to see if that works for me. Thanks all!