cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raise your hand button missing

zepp_e
Listener

Hi!

The "raise your hand" button is missing for me...

When I click on the participants button, I should be able to raise my hand by a button on the bottom of the list of the participations but there is no such button, only to unmute me and to invite someone to the session. Does anyone know where this button is in my case?

Kind regards!

14 REPLIES 14

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @zepp_e! Please check out this article here for the exact steps: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115001286183

Let me know if this helps 😃

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I have this same issue.  The Raise Hand button is not visible.  I followed the steps in the article mentioned by Bri but that seems to only address Reactions and says nothing about enabling the Raise Hand feature.  Others on my calls are able to raise their hand but I cannot.  Something must have changed in my configuration because I used to be able to do this.  Any advice?

Press  Alt y     if nothing else will work

cra.png

sometimes it can be on the more --- three dots at end.. you can also go to settings and have it statinary by itself as per pic

raise hand.png

 GO TO SETTINGS AND SLIDE SHOW RAISE HAND ON TOOLBAR

Same here

raise hand.png

 GO TO SETTINGS AND SLIDE RAISE HAND TO TOOLBAR

cra.png

 PAIN IN THE NECK NOT DEALT WITH BY ZOOM ...ITS RIDICULOUS

rweinstein
Listener

I found it under the reactions button when clicked on

knicknamej
Listener

Same here. I seem to have lost it in the update. HAs anyone found a fix to this?

I seem to have lost it in the update too. Haven't been able to get it back.

ZimmerZoomers
Attendee

Zoom have screwed up the raise your hand icon .sometimes in reactions . sometimes in mor ... 3 dots on the right. you can click Alt Y  which raises it I am struggling with no help from Zoom who do not look after there customers

CVNDID
Listener

Once in the meeting,

3 Ways to do it:

1st WAY:

a. Click on the Reactions button (Smiley) on the toolbar below | the one in between sharescreen and  apps buttons. Don't click on ^ (Circumflex / Caret next to it).

b. Small pop up appears above the button. It will contain Raise Haind button. Click on the same.

c. Once raised a pop up containing Lower Hand appears.

2nd WAY:

a. Alt+Y

b. Once raised a pop up containing Lower Hand appears.

3rd WAY:

a. Click on the ^ (Circumflex / Caret) next to the Smiley in the Reactions button. 

b. Enable Recognize Hand Gestures

c. Raise your hand physically with the palm facing the camera and hold it in place for about 5 seconds. Software recognizes and raises the hand for you in the meeting. Buffer period of roughly 4-5 seconds is indicated on the screen. Rarely, the virtual or blurred background may interfere with gesture recognition. Keep trying. 

d. Once raised a pop up containing Lower Hand appears.

Zoom have messed up the raise hand as it can be in many different places now.

Also wherever your raised hand is . A message is coming up a few seconds after...

""Looks like your done talking we will lower your hand in seconds"" Zoom are not dealing with the problem ....

cra.png