cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile picture not showing when Video off

Rumo383
Listener

Recently, when I choose Stop Video or to participate in a meeting initially with Video Off, it just shows my Name. Previously, it was showing my Profile picture that I selected specifically for the purpose of providing some sort of visual presence. I can't find the Setting to restore my Profile picture to this status.

18 REPLIES 18

ZWriter
Listener

Make sure you are signed into the Zoom App before joining a meeting, so it syncs and loads your profile picture: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360032812931-Starting-the-Zoom-desktop-client

but i already sign in and didint work

🤔

I am signed in, and my profile pic doesn't show anymore. Why?

This doesn't work for me. My profile pic used to appear with video off whether I was signed in or not, but since switching to a new laptop all I see is my first name. What changed, and how can I change it back?

Never mind, I think I figured it out: I hadn't downloaded the app on my new laptop. We'll see if it works at my next meeting.

Didn't work

EarlC
Listener

cidreamtrips
Listener

Same for me.  I attend several Zoom's a day and others have their profile picture display when they have video off, but mine doesn't work.

Paulette1
Listener

I have never been able to show my profile picture during a Zoom meeting when I have my video off.  Haven't seen anything in settings to change this. 

janc
Listener

My profile photo used to show when I stopped Video, but now only my name.  Was there some change in an update?  I can't find any way to change it back.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi all, 

This is often caused by the following: 

• You do not have a profile picture uploaded to your Zoom Profile.
  • You are not signed-in to your account on the desktop client, mobile app, or web client. If you are not signed-in, the system cannot know for sure which user's profile picture to download and use when video-off. 
  • The Hide participant profile pictures in a meeting setting (found in the web Settings page) is enabled. Keep in mind, this setting only applies to meetings you host, so you may still encounter issues with your profile picture not appearing when you've joined someone else's meeting. 
    Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 17.53.35.png

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

My question is for other peoples' meetings. Why does it sometimes show up and not other times?

Thank you. Signing in worked for me. The mobile app automatically signs me in, so my profile picture always showed. But in the desktop app, signing in first was necessary.

Please upgrade Zoom so that profile picture is locally stored, and a sign in is not required. I don't have time for the extra sign in and I don't want to always be signed in. Thank you.

CDurmick
Listener

I haven't ever been able to activate my profile picture either in any computer I've had over the years. I just upgraded Zoom and still no luck. I see other participant images, but not mine. Is this an issue with the basic plan?  Could it be affected by having linked accounts? If so, how do I eliminate those? 

Breakpointlm
Listener

Sure, the profile picture shows when 'stop video'  AND signed in. But an extra step to sign in, IS a problem. Background is accessible when not signed in. Please upgrade Zoom so that profile picture is locally stored, and a sign in is not required. I don't have time for the extra sign in and I don't want to always be signed in. Thank you.

Whenever I turn my video off during a zoom conference with an external host, my profile picture does not show up. I have the zoom app updated and loaded on my computer. What is this extra sign in for joining a meeting? I usually sign in with the link and password when a password is required. How do I resolve this?

Thank you.

LewF
Listener

I just did the "sign in" and it worked. It's counterintuitive but when you use your own desktop app, you have to sign in.  Bad design, but that did work.