cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Spotlighting

sj81
Listener

Hi everyone -

I am experiencing some trouble with spotlighting: All participants are in gallery view and I want to use the Spotlight for Everyone function to spotlight different speakers. This works fine for most people - however for some, this Spotlighting is not visible - instead people see gallery view with the green highlight square moving from speaking to speaker when they are spotlit, but they never see their face large on the screen ... It seems that this happens after I have just ended a screenshare or returned from a breakout group. Has anyone experience the same issue? Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

WickerWoman
Listener

I'm having the same sort of issue, only my problem is that the Spotlight for Everyone is not visible at all in the drop-down menu! It was there just fine in earlier meetings but now since the latest update, it's disappeared and we can no longer access Spotlight AT ALL! Grrrrr! Several of my colleagues are reporting this odd lack of a terrific function that we all used to activate often. 

Did you ever get this fixed? I am running into the same problem.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @WickerWoman and @sj81 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the Spotlight feature. I just ran a test on the latest Zoom app version (5.14.0), as well as a participant on PWA, and had no issues with Spotlighting someone. Even went through the support article, verified the steps, and updated them a little. 

Be sure to check the following things: 

• Are you the host or co-host in that meeting? 
  • Are there 3 or more participants in the meeting?

I would suggest updating to the latest version and trying this again. If you are still not seeing the option, let me know and we can troubleshoot some more. Try to take a screenshot or two of the entire Zoom window when you are testing, so you can provide that in your response, as well as any specific details, like which participants this affected, which devices they were using, etc.