cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent automatic updates just when joining a meeting

ulope
Listener

Very often when I click a join zoom link the client hasn't been open before and then decides that it would be a great time to perform an update.

This has already lead to me being late on several meetings. 

This is inacceptable. Please prevent updates from delaying calls.

7 REPLIES 7

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello. Zoom app has an automatic update feature that you can turn off. Here are the steps and a screenshot. 

• Open the Zoom app
  • Sign in
  • Click Setting by going to your profile picture in the top right. 
  • On the General setting on the left, look for Zoom Updates. You can uncheck the box. 

Zoom updates usually add significant features and enhancements. If you turn this off, I would manually check for updates during a non-meeting time. Maybe check once a week.  I hope this helps. Thank you. 

That’s exactly my point. I don’t want to turn off automatic updates. I just want them to not interfere with my meetings.

If you would like to see a feature that allows you to update now or update later please visit https://zoom.us/feed and submit a feature request.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Hi, I tried looking for this with the online login (web browser, not app), and can't find this feature. Is it unavailable through the browser portal?

jpstp
Listener

I disabled the auto update on my session.  Was at version 5.10.xxxx.  When I connected to an external meeting, it forced me to update to 5.13.  Is there something I missed?

mgbaaccucomm
Listener

I was looking to see if there are any updates on this issue. I agree that the current method is unacceptable. I also do not want to disable updates for my users. ZOOM, if you are listening, there is a cost to this lost productivity for our organization. Think about it. Consider a meeting with 30 attendees and you have to postpone the meeting by 5 minutes, which is 150 minutes of total lost productivity due to ONE client update.

Vroo
Listener

Yes, this is awful. It has made me late too often.

There's a simple alternative: instead of preventing me from joining a meeting, when the meeting ends, prompt me to update then. You should ask instead of doing it automatically as if I have back-to-back meetings, you don't want to make me late for my next meeting.