cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polling - Not All Devices Seeing

rickcreel
Listener

We do an attendance poll as multiple users are watching on one device. However, not all devices see the poll. We check zoom report and sometimes shows like 54 were polled and 100% of that 54 participated. However, we see we have connections of like 70. While a couple are host/co-host, and these do not show in the poll we know, we interviewed some and they say they never saw the poll on their device.  What could be the cause for that?

Participants are on multiple platforms and device types (IOS/Android,  pads, phones, pc's). 

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @rickcreel, I would maybe suggest all participants check to see if they're up-to-date (which is really on them). Users on the iOS or Android mobile app can participate in polling, but hosts need to be using the desktop client to manage to poll. Some may have not answered as well?

It's hard telling without taking a deeper dive into meeting details, you can contact our Zoom technical support and they can further look into your issue. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @rickcreel, were you able to look into your polling issue on not seeing all devices? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Yes. When some log in later and polling is still active, it does not always show up on their device (some do, some don't). They have to go to ellipses and find "Quizzes and Polls."  I'm  wondering is there a way to "force" people to answer a question before they are allowed in?

DonMichaels
Listener

We are having the same problem. When we run the attendance poll at the end of the meeting, about 99% see the poll. When the host starts the poll before others join, only about 70% see the poll when they join. For those who do not see the poll when they log in, it might be available on their device within the elipses (...) I have seen this on an iPad.