cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMI cannot quick start anymore

jmarcable2052
Listener

the only way i an start my pmi now is by going into web based zoom profile. use to be able to start from under meeting tab but its greyed out now

8 REPLIES 8

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @jmarcable2052, assuming this is the way you start instant meetings? 

1. Click the Home tab.
  2. (Optional) Click the down arrow down-arrow-button.png for the following instant meeting options:
    • Start with video: This begins your instant meeting with your video enabled.
    • Use My Personal Meeting ID: Your Personal Meeting ID (PMI) accesses your personal meeting room which is a virtual room that is permanently reserved for you.
  3. Click New Meeting new-meeting-with-video-button.png to start an instant meeting
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

GeoB
Listener

When start the meeting as you suggested, the participant gets a message saying that it is waiting for the host to start the meeting even though the meeting has been started.

moore11
Listener

When I start the "new meeting" I can select the "video on" but cannot select the "Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) "button. How can I enable this on my android device?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @moore11 welcome to the community! Maybe suggest checking your Zoom web portal settings to ensure that using your personal meeting ID is enabled. 

Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 9.37.39 AM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thanks for the feedback. At least it helped me find the problem. I am NOT able to allow the PMI to be used for instant meetings.  A very poor decision by the Admin people.

moore11_0-1692370263534.png

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Gotcha! @moore11 are you the Owner of the account or Admin with permissions to access Account settings at https://zoom.us/account/setting? That is where you'd be able to configure the settings account wide for users. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I'm a "member", not the owner of the account. That link shows "Access restricted". 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Gotcha @moore11  yeah I'd check with the owner or Admin on the account to grant that permission, otherwise, believe that would be the reason! 🙂

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his