cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Integration-sender email issues

hbabcock
Listener

I am moving over to a new computer and in doing so downloaded the outlook plug in for Microsoft 365 to use the scheduling function.  When I schedule a meeting, the appointment form pulls up to enter e-mail, time and date, etc.  The FROM: email automatically populates and it is not my e-mail.  It's my husbands and I do not use his email at all in my mail program.  I cannot figure out how to change it or where the settings are that this is pulling from.  Any guidance is appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @hbabcock thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! It is possible that your husband is signed into the Zoom client and your plugin is using those credentials/email address. Could you open the Zoom client and ensure that if you click the picture in the upper right, you see your email address? If not, I would close and exit Outlook, then sign out of the Zoom client. Sign in with your account and then open Outlook again. 

If this fixes the issue and has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

hbabcock
Listener

It still does not work.  See screen shot below.  Is there a different login via Outlook that is required?  I am logged into my account via the Zoom icon on my desktop.

jeremyjustin

Hi @hbabcock ok thank you for the extra detail, it's probably a good idea to edit your last post and remove those images since they have your email and meeting info. But that helps to paint the picture. Would it be accurate to say that when you create a meeting invite in Outlook, even before you add the Zoom details, that the "From:" address is showing as your husband's email? 

Yes, the pop up automatically shows his email address and there is no way to edit it that I can find.

jeremyjustin

Ok thank you. Would it be possible in Outlook just to double check the default account being used for email?

Here is one article from Microsoft https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/change-the-account-used-to-send-email-messages-2bdd8d4f-e...

We might also need to double check the default calendar is set for your account in Microsoft Outlook

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/set-default-calendar-7c546486-0c7c-4870-964a-0d6eb4de83e0

Once that is set I believe you will be good to go. It does look like the Zoom parts are putting in the correct vanity URL/meeting link from what I can tell. 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!