cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not given the option to pass host

smsummers
Listener

Hi, I just tried to pass on host to another at the start of the meeting.  When I hover over participants name and click on MORE it only gives me the option of PIN and CHAT.  The Co-Host tab is switched on in settings and had no problems in a previous meeting. What am I missing ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

smsummers
Listener

Thanks for the assistance.  My problem was resolved.  I opened the meeting through the participant link instead of through the account.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JepZoomie
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

You can only pass the host privilege if you are the current host of the meeting. 

If you want to make someone a co-host, make sure that you are the Host or Co-host of the meeting.

Also, kindly check your Account Management > Account Settings > In Meeting (Basic) > and enable Co-Host (This is different from your Personal Settings).

That setting is enabled under Account Management.  I am one of the hosts that is able to make someone co-host.  I was able to do it with a meeting last month.  I'm not sure what else to look for.  Everything looks to be set the same for the meetings.

JepZoomie

Thank you for confirming that, can you send a screenshot of your Personal Settings where it will show that the Co-Host is enabled?

After that, create a test meeting and see if you will then have the option to make someone as host, if not, kindly send a screenshot.

I have done the test meeting 7 times over 3 days. 

how do I get to settings from here?

I cannot upload image--no permission

I HAVE BEE USING CO-HOST FOR 2 YEARS. HAVE NEW COMPUTER--DOES NOT WORK

HELP PLEASE. I have enabled co-host in settings but it doesn't show up as option

smsummers
Listener

Thanks for the assistance.  My problem was resolved.  I opened the meeting through the participant link instead of through the account.