cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not connecting parties

ksutesch
Listener

Zoom updated yesterday.  I'm logged in.  A meeting shows as scheduled.  I got an email saying party had entered the room.  But when I enter the room, no one is there.  Tried deleting the meeting, and setting a new one.  Tried entering the meeting from the dashboard and not the email link.  None of it work.  Zoom is worthless if the parties you have scheduled a meeting with can't get into the same room as you.

Suggestions before I terminate my account?

6 REPLIES 6

anissat
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @ksutesch -

A few things to check: 

1. Of course, insert the standard "did you update [both Zoom app and device OS] and restart?" statement...
  2. This has caught people off-guard before:
  • not realizing that they weren't actually fully signed in to their Zoom account on the app before joining the meeting (especially for a host)
  • not realizing they were signed into a different Zoom account (i.e. personal email vs. business email, etc.)
  • not realizing that if you sign in with SSO (Google, Facebook, Apple, etc.), you must use the "Sign in with SSO" section icons, not just type in your email/password in the main sign-in form

Try the above and then let us know how it worked out, or if it was something else... Thanks!

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

I don't use it on a device.  The upgrade logged me out so I had to log back in anyway and didn't need to restart.  I don't login using anything except my email and password.  I am not signed into anything other than my one account.

anissat

Another thing to check: 

Does the meeting have a Waiting Room, and if so, did you open your Participants panel when you started the meeting to admit your invitees?

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!

ksutesch
Listener

I got an email that said my client has entered the waiting room.  No notice was given that the party was waiting in Zoom so I couldn't admit her.

anissat

Take a look here to see how Waiting Rooms work: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzoJ51Tpu1c&t=81s 

ksutesch
Listener

I'm not trying to be difficult as I do appreciate the attempts, but I'm not new and I know how the program (including waiting rooms, etc.) is supposed to work.  The problem is with Zoom, not me.