cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No setting to hide self view

robinmdash
Listener

There is no option in settings or preferences to hide self-view in meetings. It can be done manually while in a meeting, but you have to do it each time you join a meeting. There should be an option to hide it for all meetings by default.

5 REPLIES 5

Happytohelp123
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @robinmdash!

There are a few settings that will allow you to manager host and participant video defaulting to off. You can find the settings here--> zoom.us/profile/setting

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 5.05.04 PM.png

@Happytohelp123 I'm not trying to turn my video off. I'm trying to "Hide self-view" — hiding my own video from the list of participants.

Happytohelp123

Hello @robinmdash Sorry, I initially misunderstood! There is a hide self view option however this option will only hide the self view from you and not the participants--> hide my video

However your additional feedback is awesome and I would recommend going and placing this as a request to our Product team so that hopefully it can be added as a feature in an upcoming release.  Please add your feedback at zoom.us/feed. Thanks 😃

@Happytohelp123 Thanks for your replies! The "hide my video" link you shared is indeed the feature I was referring to, except I'm trying to find a way to configure Zoom so I don't need to do that every single time I join a zoom call. Doing it once has no effect on subsequent zoom calls, so those same steps need to be repeated many times per day. I did go ahead and add feedback at zoom.us/feed, but thanks for providing the link.

jenniwren
Listener

There should also be an option for Zoom admins or hosts to turn off self-view off for all participants in a meeting or in all meetings for an organization.