cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Zoom accounts on the same website

Interested712
Listener

Hello all, first post. I was wondering if it's possible to incorporate multiple zoom accounts into one website that has multiple accounts of users. More specifically, my website allows users to log in and manage a list of clients. Right now there are over 200 unique users that have an account. Is it possible for us to add a feature that would allow each of these unique users the ability to add their zoom accounts so they can schedule zoom meetings from within their accounts?

Right now, the only way we can figure out to do that is by having each user create a new app within their accounts, which is extremely awkward and difficult for users.

Ideally, we would like the user to enter their zoom credentials and be able to schedule meetings right from our website by simply using their zoom username and password.

Is this possible?

Many thanks for your help.

8 REPLIES 8

mypro
Listener

I want to start by saying I know I could be off base but let me see if I understand what you are trying to do. You have about 200 Zoom account holders (users). They have people who need to schedule meetings with them on your website and when they schedule those meetings, they need to be able to get the Zoom link for the meeting that corresponds with the Zoom account holder (user) they are supposed to meet with. If I am correct about this, then what you need is either a scheduler or or booking software. Google calendar integrates with Zoom and when they schedule an appointment on the Google calendar they would get the zoom link for that 'user'. I am not sure how the public can decide who they are meeting within this scenario. You may need to sit down with someone to think this through a little more. There may be an easier way to do this. I know that what you are proposing can be done but it is not really a Zoom issue. Zoom integrates with other software that can do what you are asking. If you can message me, message me and we can talk about this offline.

MyOfficeProfessionals
www.myofficeprofessionals.com

Thanks mypro for the response. I may have been a little off in my description. Basically, my users want to be able to initiate a zoom call from their account on my site. I want to implement the Zoom api so that each user can user their zoom username password to attach their zoom account to their user account on my site. Does that make sense? Many thanks

Ian
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Interested712,

Please refer to https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk for our SDK documentation which would allow you to initiate the call within your website.

If you're looking to simply 'start' a meeting from your site (and be pushed to the Zoom client), check our meeting APIs (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/introduction) which allow you to create a meeting on your Zoom account, and then you can provide the join link for that meeting. Users would then be prompted to the Zoom client.

If they want to use their own Zoom accounts to join your meetings, we would recommend using the APIs to create a meeting and prompt the meeting client. 

colegs

If you are trying to create meetings in their account (not associated to your account) from your website, I am afraid Zoom does not support API calls across unrelated accounts.

Interested712
Listener

thank you for your reply. More specifically, our website have individual accounts and within that account, we want the user to be able to link their zoom account. Basically, the user would log into our account, then link their zoom account to it. So whoever has one of our accounts, can link their zoom account to it by simply providing their zoom username and password. Right now, how we have it set up, is that each of our users has to create a zoom app in their account which is very cumbersome and not easy for nontechnological folks. Is that even possible? Thanks

colegs

Unfortunately, it is not.  Zoom integrations all required the OAuth key and secret from the Marketplace, and there is no way to use the user id/password instead (or to get the API information without setting up the application in the Marketplace).  

Hey @Interested712, you have some responses worth noting! Do any of these answers your question? If so, don't forget to 'Accept as Solution' 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

muhammadrizwan1
Listener

Thanks for the info.