cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting Recording - not available - any help?

Letetia
Listener

I've just finished running a live webinar where I commit to supply the recording.

Three of the four sessions recorded successfully - but the fourth one isn't appearing in the saved recordings in Zoom.

We all noted that there was a technical glitch during the webinar, were the recording stopped and then restarted and continued normally and at the end of the session, I stopped the recording as I normally would.

BUT ... this session is not appearing with the other session recordings - so something has gone wrong.

Do you know if there is any way for Zoom to help find this recording for me?  

6 REPLIES 6

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Letetia , 

If you reach out to our support team https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Zoom-technical-support and submit a ticket they may be able to help you restore that recording. Do you know if the missing recording with the glitch was a cloud recording or a local recording? 

Thanks,

B!

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Letetia
Listener

Thank you so much.  I have in fact found it - it was being recorded on my local drive (which I never do) ... so must have clicked on LOCAL rather than CLOUD whilst I was beginning the webinar series.

Thanks again.

YaBoiB

Hi @Letetia

If that is the case, the support team will probably not help you restore this recording. I am sorry. 

You can try some of these steps here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362753-Troubleshooting-local-recording-issues if you have not done so already. When you click on local recording, two transcoded files move to the local recording storage area on your hard drive. The recording does not touch Zoom servers like it would if it were a cloud recording. Again, I apologize for the misfortune. 

B!

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

YaBoiB

I meant to say "not be able to help you," I said "not help you" which is not true. The support team will attempt to help anyone that asks for help. Apologies for the typo. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Can you help me find recordings from 2020 and 2021? Nothing is showing up except for something recorded today.

YaBoiB

Hello @kayjaroesty 

Cloud recordings are only available for 12 months, unfortunately. 

B!

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion