cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livetrak L-8 and input selection in Zoom call

FrankDelporte
Listener

Hi, this will be a confusing question as I'm using a Zoom LiveTrak L-8 and the Zoom Conference software...

I love Zoom Conference for podcast recordings as it allows the creation of separate audio files for every guest, so the editing is simplified a lot!

As a true "geek" I invested a bit to further improve my setup, but am looking for advice on how to best configure this...

My setup:

• Zoom LiveTrak L-8

• L-8 connected via USB to MacOS

• Latest L-8 driver installed on MacOS

• Speakers connected to Master L/R via XLR

• Headphone connected to MIX A

• Rhode microphone connected to input 1

I assume this will be a problem recording my own voice in Zoom as I need to open the master-fader to have my mic as input on the Mac as in Zoom I can not directly select input 1, there is only the master output. But my speakers are also on master, so I will probably get a feedback loop?

I can put the output of Zoom (via USB on input 7) only on Mix A for the headphone, so I'll use that while doing podcast recordings to further prevent any feedback.

I read about an ASIO driver that would allow to select each channel separately in e.g. Zoom as audio input, but I guess this is not available?

Someone has a similar setup and advise here?

1 REPLY 1

FrankDelporte
Listener

Having the option in Zoom to select between master output or one of the different inputs directly (probably would need an ASIO driver?) would still be a great option.

But I found out the L-8 outputs to USB before the master fader, so my question became "obsolete" as I can put the master fader down to prevent audio loop through the speakers, and I still get the microphone in Zoom.