cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Transcript without Subtitles coming up for everyone

BradWTNN
Listener

I am trying to use Live transcript. However without subtitles coming up on everyone.

I have seen others meetings have this option sent up. However I am have no luck.

Setting up CC Live Transcript. We would like the subtitles not showing up on everyone unless they want them. 

Appears that subtitles show up for everyone. 

Is this possible to get some advice on fixing this issue.

1 REPLY 1

MicahHoffman
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Individuals can choose to hide subtitles by clicking the arrow next to the CC Live Transcript button on the toolbar. In the popup window, click Hide Subtitle.

By default, they will see the live transcription/subtitles if they are enabled for the meeting, but they can turn them off if they do not want to see them.

Alternatively,  participants of your meetings and webinars can also request to have live transcription enabled during the session. This option is available in the meeting controls, and avoids the need to request this verbally or through chat to avoid interruptions. 

1. Start a meeting or webinar as the host.
  2. When a participant or attendee requests live transcription be enabled, you will be prompted with the request. This request can be made anonymously, so you may not see the name of the participant requesting this feature.
  3. Choose one of the following options:
    • Enable: Enables live transcription for use of anyone in the meeting or webinar. 

That will enable it for the individual users who requested it.

Thanks,

Micah