cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with creating multiple recordings within a single meeting

taraevangelista
Listener

Hi! I am a speech therapist and I often record short snippets of my virtual sessions with clients on Zoom to play the audio recording back for learning/therapy. I am always able to convert the initial recording via Windows File Explorer to play it back to the client, but on subsequent recordings in the same session, the files do not convert (I double click to convert on Windows and it does not do anything). The second (or third etc.) recordings also do not appear in the Zoom desktop app under 'Recorded'.

Does anyone have a fix?

2 REPLIES 2

woodalexa
Listener

One issue with creating multiple recordings within a single meeting on Zoom is that it can be confusing and difficult to manage. When multiple recordings are created for a single meeting, it can be challenging to keep track of which recording contains which content, which can lead to confusion and mistakes when trying to access or share the recordings later on.

Another issue is that creating multiple recordings can be time-consuming and may use up a significant amount of storage space. This can be a concern for individuals or organizations that frequently use Zoom for meetings and need to keep track of large volumes of recorded content.

Despite these challenges, there are ways to mitigate the issues associated with creating multiple recordings within a single meeting on Zoom. For example, you can label or organize your recordings in a consistent and clear manner to make it easier to identify the content within each recording. Additionally, you can use cloud storage solutions or external hard drives to store your recordings, freeing up space on your local device.

As technology continues to evolve, it's important to stay up-to-date on the latest tools and techniques for managing and optimizing virtual meetings. Submitting a guest post on technology topics, such as how to effectively manage Zoom recordings, can be a great way to share your insights and expertise with others in the industry.

Hi @woodalexa . Thank you for your response. I think you may have misunderstood me. I am not concerned about my ability to keep multiple recordings organized. The issue is that I CANNOT record multiple recordings in one meeting. Zoom will only convert/save the initial recording.