cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing update on windows computer

shekailo
Listener

My zoom program needs an update in order to join the meetings I have scheduled. It says I need version 5.14.11 and I have version 5.10.4. After running the update while Windows is configuring Zoom64bit , I receive a message that says: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again (which doesn't work) or entar an alternate path to a foler containg the installation package 'ZoomInstallerFull.msi' in the box below. Use souce: C;\\WINDOWS\TEMP\chocolatey\zoom\5.10.3.4851. 

I can not install the update or even uninstall the program. Do you have any suggestions about how I can do this? No point in paying for Zoom if I can't use it.

3 REPLIES 3

inIT2winIT
Listener

Having the same issue.  Please advise.

edgarseglitis
Listener

yep! we have the same issue now at our school. all users have a prompt to update Zoom, but we get an error  - The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. hundreds of users are affected. we are unable to join zoom meetings. any fix? 

edgarseglitis
Listener

Found a solution:

In Registry you have to find Zoom key and delete it. it is located under this path: (it somehow saves path from last installed software location)

Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\

Now the next thing is . how to find it automatically on all computers and delete it. because on each computer the registry key ID is different 😞