cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer Fail

VonRuff
Listener

Original Free Zoom worked flawlessly on laptop Win 10 PC.  Removed (by Zoom?) . Signed up for $150/year version.  Downloaded installer from website.  Attempt to launch installer results in error message 'Cannot create temp folder archive.'  Dunno if this is a PC error  or Zoom error.  Note am basically Mac user with limited PC experience.

Thx, VonRuff       

3 REPLIES 3

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @VonRuff, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues installing Zoom. Please follow these steps to ensure that any old instances of the application have been removed, reboot your device, then download Zoom. 

Run CleanZoom to remove Zoom completely

To remove Zoom completely, including any configuration filesrun CleanZoom on your device.

1. Download and run CleanZoom.
    Note: Use of the clean uninstaller will completely remove the Zoom desktop client, as well as the Zoom plugin for Outlook. The Outlook add-in, Chrome/Firefox extensions, and Google Workspace add-on are unaffected.
  2. Reboot your device 
  3. Once completed, download the Zoom Desktop Client from our download center and reinstall

Let me know how it goes!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Can't install Zoom Basic. Get error message "Cannot create temp folder archive." Tried Clean Zoom. Didn't work. Have spent HOURS on phone with Costco Concierge to no avail. Can you help please?

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Sioux, thank you for posting for the first time! 

Can you please try using a different browser to download CleanZoom? If that works, please run CleanZoom and then restart your computer. After restarting your device please run Zoom Installer as an Administrator: 

• Right-click on the Zoom installer executable.
  • Select "Run as administrator."
  • Follow the prompts to install Zoom with elevated privileges.

Let me know if that helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?