cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manually update Zoom?

Lode
Listener

I have Zoom set to automatically update, and when there is an update it offers it after a Zoom meeting ended.

But can one also update Zoom manually when one has not had a Zoom meeting at that moment?

And if so, where?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

If your IT dept deployed the Zoom app for you, or you installed via the MSI installer, then it could be that Check for Updates has been disabled. 

You would need to contact your IT team for assistance on updating the Zoom app. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Bort

Hi @Lode 

You can check for updates at any time in the desktop client. 

On my updated Windows 10 computer, I open the Zoom Desktop Client,  click on my Profile Picture, and do not get the pull-down menu.  The pull-down menu has settings and updates features I cannot access.  I have rebooted Windows, and I have reinstalled Zoom.   Rarely and randomly, the pull-down menu will work.  Does anyone have ideas to get the pulldown menu to work all the time?  I am on the latest Zoom version (5.11.4) right now, but this was also an issue on the last version.

Bort

Can you provide a screenshot of what you see in that menu? 

No

arm-2560
Listener

The check for Updates option does not show in the zoom client. Why ??

Bort

If your IT dept deployed the Zoom app for you, or you installed via the MSI installer, then it could be that Check for Updates has been disabled. 

You would need to contact your IT team for assistance on updating the Zoom app. 

No IT department (using on personal laptop) and it was installed via an exe installer.  But I too do not have the Check for Updates option.

DonSolo, did you ever an answer to question? I have the same issue. Individually licensed Zoom product but no Check for Updates in the drop down from my picture.

Nope, not a peep.

no, private person

I don't have an  Admin.

I am retired and have a host license.  I only operate a couple of weekly meetings.

I  have run 131 meetings for each.  over 3 years

Zoom is making the Incorrect ASSUMPTION.   That we are full time Zoom Admins.

What is an .msi or some combinations of these letters???????????

thelmahoremans2
Listener

What more?