cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide new apps bar?

KBneedinghelp
Listener

Hello, I just updated Zoom to version 5.13.4 (14461) and now there's an app bar on the right-hand side. Can you please tell me how to hide this? It's distracting during meetings and I'm not interested in apps. 

Thank you. 

10 REPLIES 10

willjoe
Attendee

In your Zoom meeting click More in the meeting controls. Desktop.
Click Hide Floating Meeting Controls. Desktop.
Your Meeting Controls will then be hidden.
To bring back your Meeting Controls, press the Escape button on your keyboard.

Regards,

Will

Where are "Meeting Controls"?

Open a Zoom meeting. Click on the 3 ellipses (dots) on the right under the Apps list. click "Close Dock". Viola.

randym56
Listener

It's annoying to have to turn it off every time I start a meeting. Isn't there a way to turn it off completely in settings? I scrolled through all settings and didn't see it, and there is no apparent search function on the settings page.

avtvman
Listener

I have same issue.  How do we turn it off, so it doesn't show up each time?

randym56
Listener

I discovered if I click the vertical ellipses at the bottom of the apps taskbar, and uncheck  the "Open In All Meetings" it will not pop up every time I start a meeting.

randym56
Listener

Thanks to our complaints they have added a button to turn it off in settings:

Sign in via the Zoom web portal then go to your Settings. Select the Zoom app tab or use this direct link: https://us06web.zoom.us/profile/setting 

Toggle off the setting: Zoom Apps Quick Launch Button

Thanks!

SignsofLifeSA
Listener

Thank you for asking what I’ve been wanting to know as well. It seems Zoom has become more and more bloated with stuff. I can’t even sign in to zoom without entering a verify code.  EVERY TIME!  Where is the old Zoom that was easy to use with just the right things to make a meeting work. Now it is just like bloatware. 

Hi @SignsofLifeSA are you referring to verifying before logging into the Zoom web portal? If so, I would suggest looking into the following knowledge base articles on Disabling one-time passcode (OTP) verification and Managing two-factor authentication (2FA) 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!